Need trailer straps- Snapping Turtle?

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought some straps from a place in Pennsylvania a few years back. They were called Snapping Turtle. Does anyone know if they have a web site? Had my straps stolen (they were in my trailer) and I need to get some new ones. I had some nice "T" hooks which fit into the factory frame notches and they disappeared also. Any help appreciated.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich,
We have had some customer service issues with Snapin Turtle so we sought out another source... (They are still in business at 1 800 TIE DOWN, I belive) but we re bought out by a trailer company.

Anyway, we were at a car show in Charlotte, NC, and saw some tie downs with some HW with some nice features - like a "handle" on the outside of the clipso you don;t have to reach up so far underneath the car. And also, a long ratchet handle for better leverage. Nylon appears to be nicer, too, with a smoother edge. Appears to be a better deal and lower price. Win-win...

Best part is that they were cheaper than Snappin Turtle. ($26 / tie down) and carry the proper "R" hooks. They can be reached at www.44nylon.com (website is a little "sparse...") Anyway, I am looking at one of the straps right now - they are date coded and rated with a tag on each strap, and they are DOT Approved. Give them a call - things arrived quickly. 1-800-44NYLON

What happened to YOUR trailer? Maybe its a conspiracy - all the strap guys are stealing them so we'll have to buy more....

OP
OP
V

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Janni. I suffered the same problem that you and Henry had....someone stole my trailer. I am about to start dealing with my insurance carrier on getting reimbursed as the Chicago police dept. didn't locate it. I don't know how it will go as I am not sure if State Farm knows much about trailers. At this point I am trying to come up with a list of items and their associated replacemnt costs of items which were in the storage box. I had the Snapping Turtle straps which worked but the quality of the self closing clasps was bad. I think the first one broke the secong time I used it. Anyways I will definately take your suggestion on this new manufacturer when I start replacing items.

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saramartin90