Wheel size for fronts

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in the process of ordering new 3 piece wheels from Forgeline my question is which size should I go with 11" by 18 wide in the fronts or 12" by 18 in the fronts? I am staying with 13" by 18 wheels in the back but not sure if the 12 " would be to wide for the fronts

Thaks for your help!!!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We run 315's up front on a wide rim (I think they are 12") and they fit fine. Not a lot of extra room, though, and they do kick up more debris toward the bulge in the side sill. Anything larger than a 315 tire will rub. Fronts and rears were swapped once to de-flatspot the fronts via the burnout method and turning sharply was not possible...
smile.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Halnasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by racewheel:
depends on the tire/size you plan on running up front

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FYI
What John really is saying; Call me and I'll set you up with the
best possible combination at the best possible prices.
BURNOUT.gif

Henry Cone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, we run 17" x 11" Forgelines on the fronts of both of our '96 GTS coupes with 315/35 front tires. We run the Forgeline 5 spokes to maximize air flow through the wheel for brake cooling. On the rear we run 17" x 12.5" Forgeline 5 spokes with the stock 335/35 rear tire size.

We love our Forgelines and have gotten great support from Forgeline. I will be glad to fill you in on the details if you want to contact me..

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henry Cone:
have gotten great support from Forgeline.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's encouraging. I'm sending them a leaky rim to see if they can repair it. I hope I can say the same afterwards.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R