1997 GTS Dyno Results

LQQK_OUT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This past Saturday, I had my '97 GTS dynoed. It has 26,000 miles. Basically stock with just the K&N filters and smooth tubes.

416.0 RWHP
467.1 RWTQ

Also had my brothers stock 2002 Z06 on the dyno
354 RWHO
345 RWTQ

I have the dyno runs on disk. I think it would be awesome if we had a section on the Viper BBS where people could upload their dyno runs so that we could replay them with the DynoJet client software.

One other issue. My car for the longest time seemed anemic. The car had no pep, and just cruising along at a constant speed, the car would accelerate and deccelerate by itself. The last straw was when I was cruising down the highway and a new C5 (dealer temporary tags still on the car) wanted to run me. We had a couple of roll-on runs and I couldn't pull on him. That didn't make any sense. And actually, he was pulling away from me! Well, I dropped off the car at the local dealer with a Viper tech. I was planning to drop the car off anyway to have all my fluids changed, i.e (radiator, brake, differential). Changing the oil, I can handle, but I didn't want to be bothered with the other fluids. I mentioned to the dealer that I didn't think the car was running properly. They said they would take a look. Well, they replaced my plugs (probably needed to be done) and changed my oil. I get the car back, and low and behold, it isn't any better. Same anemic car. I speak to some friends and they mention to try replacing the wires. I replaced the spark plug wires with the Blue Mopar ones. Night & day difference. The car comes alive again! I'm not sure why the Viper tech did not change the wires since I mentioned the car had no pep and the shop manual recommends changing them after 4 years. If he took the car out for a road test, he should have experienced the problem. Well, the car is an animal again.

Brett

randall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my stock cream puff 2000 gts dynoed 430.2 rwhp 477.8 rwtq
smooth tubes/filters and 2.5 corsa w/ stock cats
smile.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member