can you say 1000 hp mustang!!!gooooood nite!!!thats rite, heffner!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome power for 2 bolt main motor - or are you using an
aftermarket block. Forged crank? 9" rear end?
Give us the details - sounds like fun.

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Post some pics also
supergrin.gif

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats!
smile.gif
That's some SERIOUS power!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mark brown:
jason built me a 351/377ci windsor for my 90 stang,after 12 dyno pulls it had 973hp and 770 ft pnds of tq at 8300 rpms with only 18lbs of boost threw a xx trim vortec, threw exhaust!!!the last 6 pulls were all over 900 hp,with a best of 973hp (on the rear wheels!)I love my viper,but that thing is NASTY!!!cant wait till we take it out to the track!!!:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HP, two bolt main? Are you crazy. It's a V 351 block that has four bolt caps on 2, 3, 4, and 5. It also has siamese cylinder walls. We're now installing a new gen 7 dfi and mini tubbing the car. Can you say 7s on 10 inch tires, oh yeah.

OP
OP
H

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jason Heffner:
HP, two bolt main? Are you crazy. It's a V 351 block that has four bolt caps on 2, 3, 4, and 5. It also has siamese cylinder walls. We're now installing a new gen 7 dfi and mini tubbing the car. Can you say 7s on 10 inch tires, oh yeah.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I knew that would get your attention - When you're putting
that much power to the ground with a small block Ford motor -
about the only production part is the spark plugs.
But I guess that will only add to the surprise factor, when
you blow away the competition.
I would expect this car to be highlighted in an upcoming
Ford/Mustang magazine.

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HP, I would like to agree with you but the car was not built specifically for any class. Usually I would say that the car should be in a magazine but the fact that the car is painted solid black greatly reduces the chances of that. Magazines hate black cars. It's more of a weekend warrior type of car that will be raced at local events and for fun on the weekends. The car does however have some significance and is somewhat of a local legend from when it used to be mine. As far as local competition goes, there is none.

Walt McFarland

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason;

A mustang? I'm shocked, disappointed and emotionally distraught. I've activated a team of priests and we're heading your way for the exorcism. Man.

Guys, just kidding. Sounds like yet another awesome job.

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Local shop in NC called True Blue Performance had their Mustand on the dyno before our VCA Dyno day and it pulled over 1100HP at the rear wheels. It was SIC. But the car is a purpose built dragster and well... a Mustang so it didn't do anything for me.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah - turbochargers are the ultimate power maker!

The upper limits come down to what the block can stand, how much heat can you get out of it, and how much fuel can you stick in it. If rpm's are down low - the stress on the reciprocating mass isn't too severe.

1000hp at 8300rpm - now that's severe! But if Jason built it - it should take it fine. There's a 377 small block Ford running around here at the strip that makes 840hp with a single 4bbl carb and is totally naturally aspirated... that's close to the record for a SB Ford... they can make power!

If the intake and exhaust temps can be managed, and the fuel could be supplied, and the hardware strong enough - you could build an 800hp Viper engine and turbo it to 2500hp on gas running just over 2bar (less boost than an Indy car). Technically speaking - to make that power is the easy part - getting it to all stay together let alone actually use it is the hard part.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth