VOI.8 .... YES!

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vegas or Scottsdale would be GREATE! And the above mentioned requirements could be met. The problem with Arizona, Nevada, Texas or Florida, is that the event would have to be held in the spring or fall to avoid the extreme heat while still allowing people the ability to drive their vipers without the worry of snow in getting there.

If the next VOI is not back east, I would probably attend (schedule permiting)

2Charmed

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ferguson:
Las Vegas, Arizona, Texas, New Orleans, Florida, Atlanta are all areas that will be looked at since they have the space and know how to handle large groups. There may be more but these are some of the ones that seem to come up in discussions.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's wrong with Illinois?? I would think if held in May or June the weather would be OK. In Joliet we have the Chicagoland Speedway. Accomodations might be a bit of a problem. I'd be happy to look into it for you!!!!

Whenever and wherever VOI8 is, we're there!!!!!

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dallas/Fort Worth would be an excellent choice.

Texas Motor Speedway Professional Oval track (plus infield for road corse)

Texas MotorPlex Professional drag strip

Motorsports Ranch track (Bobby Archer hangout)

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a life time resident of Chicago I would never recommend it for a VOI. Traffic horrible, City very difficult to work with, and how much would our group like our summer construction. Lets face it, the city is the draw, but dealing with it and the long drives to the track would nt make for much fun.

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ferguson:
As a life time resident of Chicago I would never recommend it for a VOI. Traffic horrible, City very difficult to work with, and how much would our group like our summer construction. Lets face it, the city is the draw, but dealing with it and the long drives to the track would nt make for much fun.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forget the city!!! I avoid the city at all costs. I was thinking southwestern suburbs. Construction is not that bad, traffic is ok as long as no rush hour travel, and the track in Joliet is very nice. Just my .02.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a hotel in the burbs that can handle 1,000 rooms? That is usually priority #1, and I can't think of any one hotel in particular?

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ab:
how about Birmingham AL??? Yeah right! yahoo!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmm, nice and close to that HUGE track that those Nascar folks ran 200 plus mph in Dodge Daytonas
smile.gif
Talladega .... I do not recall any hotel near the track though, would need to stay in Biirmingham

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Indy? Alabama? Nah, lets get a city with some life. Houston, Dallas, Vegas, Scottsdale, daytona beach! something where theres something to do once you are done with the track. Indanapolis? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actualy Daytona FL is a very good choice for a number of reasons:

1) You can drive your Viper in the warm sunshine rather than keep it locked up in a snow covered garage.

2) The even should be center within these fabulous events which run one after another:

Daytona 500
Spring Break
Bike Week
Sebring 12 hours

Frankly, driving your Viper around Bike Week is a total blast! I did this. Bikers like Vipers.

The real treat, however, would be to have the track events at Sebring. But that is a good haul from Daytona. Perhaps a Viper Days after VOI at Sebring. And if you have never been to The Zoo at Sebring, you have not walked on the "other side of the road."

That would be SO COOL!

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has been on the eastern side of the US for the last 2 VOI's. I would hope it is back in Vegas for VOI.8

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Northeast! New England, New York, or how about southern hospitality like Georgia (road Altlanta) awesome facility and great people.

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Las Vegas- was a great location for a VOI, and seems to be the first choice of many/most. I was disappointed that VOI 7 was changed from Detroit to Nashville, and wouldn't mind one in Detroit sometime too

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What about Colorado Springs!? There is a track nearby ( Pikes Peak International Raceway ) and another in Pueblo. There are some great hotels there, the weather would be phenomenal in September and the trees are starting to turn. Side trips to the Garden of the Gods,Royal Gorge, Pikes Peak, etc. would be easy, and there are great little cities very close by for site-seeing,etc. -- Manitoba Springs,Cripple Creek,etc. Easy drive down ( from Denver )for those who wanted to fly in.

Just a thought, but the mountains , in a Snake caravan in early Fall would be unreal.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh, yeh, and we could stay at the Broadmoor (one of the Premier Resorts in the Rockies ) as I am pretty sure they could accomodate our group.

Plus............

Olympic Training Center
Air Force Academy
Rocky Mountain Zoo

and ........

S

SUN RA KAT

Colorado Springs from Ohio...hmmmmm...I've only gone 112+ MPH...the roads from mid-Iowa to Ohio are too crowded...the roads from mid-Iowa westward have very little traffic on them...hmmmmm...I like Colorado Springs...

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OH YES, COLORADO

Yes
YES
yes

THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS

YES YES YES YES YES YES

Screw the race track.

Wrap our cars in tape and do Pikes Peak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh YES YES YES YES

Hubba hubba hubba hubba

My mind is made up.

yadda yadda yadda
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I live in Colorado Springs and had thought about suggesting it, but then thought it might sound too self-serving - besides half the fun of a VOI is the caravan out with other Vipers
smile.gif

I did ask about the number of rooms at the Broadmoore, but it sounds like they only have about 500 rooms, sounds like it'll take 1,000 rooms for the next VOI.
In the past, I have asked about renting PPIR - they charge about $10K per day to reserve the track. They fill up fast, so probably need to think about reservations one year in advance. Bandimere speedway on the west side of Denver is about an hour away, although at 5,500 feet, will post slow quarter mile times.
Colorado Springs has a nice world arena (went to an Eagles concert there two weeks ago), with huge parking lot outside. The arena could accomodate all the vendors, maybe a catered dinner inside. There are a half-dozen nice hotels all within half-mile radius. I don't know what it would cost or even how amenable the city is to renting out the world arena.
After labor day, traffic in the mountains thins out (except for the fall-color lookie-lous, but another reason to bring it to Colorado. Some nice twisty roads, and there is always South Park for the top-end runs.
If the powers that be want to consider Colorado Springs, I can get some information together.

Jack Janney

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Kat,

Eastern Colorado is much like Western Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas,
Nebraska, etc. - pretty flat and WIDE OPEN !! You might hit 113+mph, but I wouldn't be one to suggest such irresponsible behavior.

PS - Forgot to mention it is within 25-40 minutes of White Water rafting, Jeep trails, etc.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want to see a VOI in any area all you have to do is a few things and then forward that info on to Viper Headquarters:

1- Find a Hotel with at least 800 rooms and a banquet facility for 1,500.

2- Find a location where it never rains (so we can bring it with us).

3- List any track venues in the vicinity.

4- List any other special amenities that particular area may have.

5- Talk to the City and see if they would welcome a group this large and visible.

Believe it or not, but one owner has already done this for a location for VOI 8! So who ever gets in the next one will be second in line.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jnney,

Sounds like we need to get you to be self-serving!! Checked with the National Sales Mgr., and rooms are closer to 700, and alot of folks do stay off-site. Porsche Club of America had their annual meeting there, and they loved having the cars around, and put them in their garage.

As Steve has suggested, go with the amenities:
36 holes of Golf on site
World renowed Tennis Resort , also
World Renowed Spa on site
Phenomenal Drives in the Mountains nearby
Near perfect weather, year round - very dry compared to many climes
Jeep Trails
Sight-seeing
Tracks nearby ---- Road courses in Pueblo, LaJunta,south of the Springs (PPIR) , Second Creek near Denver.
Dragstrips at Bandimere, and possibly Pueblo if I remember right.

Plus caravaning through the Rockies would be a hoot, and the city is very pro Car folks ----- Pikes Pikes Hill Climb, adn PPIR show the diverse and exciting Nature racing, etc.bring to Colorado's second city.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone likes their home town area.However the best locations would be close to the center of the US and the Southern regions of Canada.The center of the US will attract the most cars since it is less likely that West coasters will drive all the way to the East Coast and vice versa. Bruce

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we can't do Denver (and the surrounding area), then my second choice is Sturgis. They handle over 15,000 Harley folks EVERY year. Surely if they can handle that many, they can handle 4K Viper owners.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh