VOI.8 .... YES!

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
It seems that many who were at the banquet did not hear Mr Sidlik's fantastic final comment during his patriotic speach:

usa-clear-s.gif
<FONT size="5">"We'll see you all at VOI.8!"</FONT s>
usa-clear-s.gif

If you recall, there was much cheering going on, and of course, lots of laughter from him stomping on a Corvette model (once again!)

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
!!!!!!!! WOW, no I didn't hear it, nor did I even hear anyone discuss it later on, so I suspect it was missed by many!!!!!!!

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to see a VOI 8 next year, since I wasn't able to attend this one due to work conflicts.

However, the statement "See you at VOI 8" does not imply that VOI 8 is next year....

Just an observation!

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news! Everyone that said the VOI was going to be great was right. All of you that are "on the fence" for the next one need to save up now. It is worth more than it costs.

I hesitated for VOI-7, my first one. Never again.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SmokinV10:
Trey,
I thought you were axing your 650R for an F-Car

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've had 3 & I know even though I'm selling now for a Ferrari, I'll <u>DEFINITELY</u> be getting another Viper! I think I'll always have one. The SRT Coupe will be my STAPLE car! Fate may just have me keep mine though Jason. If I don't get what I want for it, I'll be putting the Modena dream on hold.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by viper GTS-R:
Hey guys were is VOI-8 going to be held?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This will not be known for a while.... a few things will dictate the location:

1) VOI is now pretty big, 1600 folks this go round. That cuts down the choices quite a bit!

2) The benefits of a "central location" was mentioned several times over the weekend... More cars were driven to this VOI than any past VOI.

3) Track facilities (top notch required).

4) Hotel facilities (enough rooms for the numbers above).

5) A "Viper Friendly" city.

6) Area offers a "scenic drive" opportunity.

7) Area offers "other items of interest" for any "Non-Viperholic's" that may come to the event.

This would be a good time to make suggestions
smile.gif

This is your

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jay Herbert
1) VOI is now pretty big, 1600 folks this go round. That cuts down the choices quite a bit!

2) The benefits of a "central location" was mentioned several times over the weekend... More cars were driven to this VOI than any past VOI.

7) Area offers "other items of interest" for any "Non-Viperholic's" that may come to the event.

This would be a good time to make suggestions
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOOKS LIKE IT WILL BE BACK IN NASHVILLE IN 2004!!!! I can drive again.

Mike

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well....

Vegas may not be centrally located, but it would fit the above.. It has been a while since VOI was there.....

Also, there is an "Opryland" hotel under construction in Fort Worth, TX. very close to the Texas Speedway.

Indy now has the Formula one track
smile.gif
Anyone think we could get Tony George to let us run that? Hotels would be the challenge at Indy, but maybe we could takeover several downtown, and use the civic center for the banquets!

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viva Las Viper!

VOI 5 was April 22-26 of 1999. By the time we get there for VOI 8 (early to mid 2004) it will have been 5 years!

As you can see, I'm not pushing for Portland, OR, Seattle WA, N. California, or any other major area with a 12 hour drive of me. Las Vegas appears to be the logical choice for meeting the following issues....

How's this sound.....

2004 viper owners in Las Vegas in 2004 for VOI 8 and the release of the 2004 prototype production Viper Coupe (05 or 06 model). Hey why we're at it, lets raffle off (have the drawing) for the first production coupe available to the public while were there!

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Las Vegas, Arizona, Texas, New Orleans, Florida, Atlanta are all areas that will be looked at since they have the space and know how to handle large groups. There may be more but these are some of the ones that seem to come up in discussions.

Dunn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Charlotte, North Carolina! Bring it here, so I can come and watch those drag races!

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vegas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So Cal would work too!

S

SUN RA KAT

How about near Blair, Nebraska? There are a lot of country roads out there with very little traffic. Woodhouse Dodge is nearby & so is Bill Pemberton. It's centrally located, about a day's drive from Centerville, Ohio.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I vote for Texas or Nevada. Dallas/Ft. Worth misses out on scenic drives, doesn't it? Plus it is usually REAL humid except for certain parts of the year.

BUT, if it is at Dallas, I'll bet it will draw the most Vipers and folks. It isn't too far from California or Florida, plus there are a bunch of good roads from northern states. It certainly fits "central location." AND, if the Opryland hotel is complete, that is a BIG plus.

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VEGAS sounds like a great place for the next voi. not that i live here or anything
smile.gif

you wouldn't have to worry about the weather like you did in nashville. the last weekend i think it was about 87 degrees during the day( and i was also blinded by the sun all weekend)and 70's at night. geez it stinks living in a city that has such great weather (except during july and august100-113 kind of has your snake crawling under a rock for shade).
doesn't it rain in texas alot? i know it does in florida, i was in miami 2 weeks ago and man the rain was coming down HARD! you guys down there can't claim your vipers never has been driven in rain since it comes at you quickly and frequently.

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SUN RA KAT:
How about near Blair, Nebraska? There are a lot of country roads out there with very little traffic. Woodhouse Dodge is nearby & so is Bill Pemberton. It's centrally located, about a day's drive from Centerville, Ohio.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We could also host it in Siberia....plenty of country roads out there too. I dont forsee any traffic problems either
laugh.gif
Woodhouse might be far away though, its centrally located, about a months drive from Centerville, Ohio
laugh.gif

Dirk Pitt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having just been to the US Grand Prix in Indy and watching the Porsche and Ferrari challenge races, it would be great to see 15-20 Vipers on the F1 track at once, and all diving into the first turn. The Ferrari guys were great, no regard for the fact that they were driving their personal Maranello (at least 3 damaged cars). It was awesome to watch although the Ferrari sound was so wimpy that 20 cars made almost no sound on the track even from the lower grandstand near turn 1.

Indy offers an oval (the best oval) and the F1 track. It also has Raceway park, which is one of the best drag race facilities in the US. I guess that is why Indy is considered the racing capital of the world.

Jay: regarding hotel rooms, I think the Indy 500 is still a bit larger event than VOI, but VOI is gaining!

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about northern NY? Let's see you got Watkins Glen.They have a road course there.Gotta think of more ideas!!!!

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dirk Pitt:

Jay: regarding hotel rooms, I think the Indy 500 is still a bit larger event than VOI, but VOI is gaining!

[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL. One goal the organizers seem to have is having the ability to put all attendees in one place, and to have a banquet hall big enough to handle the whole group.... this might be the issue at Indy. Personally, I feel goal #1 could be dropped, who cares if we take over two or three hotels, as long as they are very close to each other.

Between Raceway park and the F-1 track.... Indy would be a ball (If Tony would let us back after the "burnout incident" last time we were there!).

Keep the suggestions coming, this is good chance to put in for a place that may not have been considered.

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vegas or DFW!!!! I will not bail out of this next one! The only one who regrets my not going to VOI7 more than me is my wife <FONT size="-2">(I had to stay here with the kids while she took HER trip!)</FONT s>. I've been showing her all the pictures while whining and complaining vehemently. No amount of brownie points for me or apologies from her could be worth it!
smile.gif

Although we DID have the Viper Brawl.........
supergrin.gif

venmous

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think Indy would be great! Nice short drive from Cleveland.

As much as I love N'Awlins, it would NOT be Viper friendly, and I can't think of any decent racing facilities nearby, at least to the downtown/old town area (le rue bourbon).

Texas and/or Florida would be as far as I would drive. Vegas or California and I'll be there, just Viper-less.

I can't wait. . .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets