Everyone make it home safely from VOI?

jgfurr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problems on the way back from us. Car ran great all the way to VOI and back to Chicago, and at a couple legs of the trip we averaged 29mpg! We even made a little side trip on Sunday to watch the F1 race in Indy.

Excellent event, and we look forward to driving to the next VOI.

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got in about 6pm today. Had a great time and made some great new friends. Hope to see everyone in the future.

USAF BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a safe and sobering 30 minute drive home. Thanks for checkin dan!
rofl.gif

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by USAF BAD ASP:
It was a safe and sobering 30 minute drive home. Thanks for checkin dan!
rofl.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still can't believe you lost us in "Bar" Aaron....some friend.
laugh.gif

USAF BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jason-Middle Tennessee:

I still can't believe you lost us in "Bar" Aaron....some friend.
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHAT!?
laugh.gif
I was there, then I turn around and you and prashant are gone, and the guys are telling me you left for the bus and they have to go or it will leave them. And this was just when smokin was offering that blonde 1000 bones for... well, 1 bone! I was going to set it up
devil.gif

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by USAF BAD ASP:
WHAT!?
laugh.gif
I was there, then I turn around and you and prashant are gone, and the guys are telling me you left for the bus and they have to go or it will leave them. And this was just when smokin was offering that blonde 1000 bones for... well, 1 bone! I was going to set it up
devil.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well hell dude you should have called me if you were hooking up that!!
laugh.gif

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHAT!?
laugh.gif
devil.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You were our resident **** and you failed all of us
laugh.gif
Next time we'll leave it to Tennessee, Mr. Cell Phone hook up himself
laugh.gif

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SmokinV10:
You were our resident **** and you failed all of us
laugh.gif
Next time we'll leave it to Tennessee, Mr. Cell Phone hook up himself
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You guys did leave it to me right?
laugh.gif

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ariel:

Is THAT why your phone was always busy?
supergrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've figured me out now Aerial.
wink.gif

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, there is some bad news from the North Texas area. One of our members lost a rear tire, wheel and brake drum (the whole enchilada) off the rear of his tow vehicle Sunday, just outside of Nashville. He managed to ride it out and survive with the Viper unhurt. The rig was brought back to Nashville, where he has been waiting for parts to be flown in to reconstruct the tow vehicle's rear end. He still had his Viper to drive around, so things COULD be worse....... right?

Today, while waiting for the repairs to be completed, his Viper caught fire in a parking lot and sustained considerable damage. He's not home yet, so let's all keep our fingers crossed. I say this has to be the "hard luck" award winner of VOI.7 hands down. Any disagreement?
shake.gif

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wing King:
Well, there is some bad news from the North Texas area. One of our members lost a rear tire, wheel and brake drum (the whole enchilada) off the rear of his tow vehicle Sunday, just outside of Nashville. He managed to ride it out and survive with the Viper unhurt. The rig was brought back to Nashville, where he has been waiting for parts to be flown in to reconstruct the tow vehicle's rear end. He still had his Viper to drive around, so things COULD be worse....... right?

Today, while waiting for the repairs to be completed, his Viper caught fire in a parking lot and sustained considerable damage. He's not home yet, so let's all keep our fingers crossed. I say this has to be the "hard luck" award winner of VOI.7 hands down. Any disagreement?
shake.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keep us up to date on the out come King

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Internationally made it home; also Roes SC made it back with me just great from VOI along with all my other goodies (VOI lovelys, MGW, Tators Dodge, Partsrack etc)...Delta airline were cool about it, just charged for the huge excess baggage / weight...lots! I am totally delighted with Beloveds SC kit, the install is so very easy, and instructions are easy too. All in all...perfect. The intake manifold is a beautiful piece, amazing machine work and magnificent design (thanks Sean). I'm about halfway there with fitting the gorgeous SC (no time for jet-lag)!

Good to have a cruise on the board tonight and see the posts, especially from those I can now put faces too! Thanks for all those posting pics, almost feels like I'm still there, when viewing your posts. My pics are yet to be back (non-digi camera)!

My third VOI, and again, I'm overwhelmed by the whole experience. Just too Vipered-out to type anymore at the mo, (also must get back to the garage...I've a beautiful 'blow-job' to complete!

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nadine UK GTS:

Internationally made it home; also Roes SC made it back with me just great from VOI along with all my other goodies (VOI lovelys, MGW, Tators Dodge, Partsrack etc)...Delta airline were cool about it, just charged for the huge excess baggage / weight...lots! I am totally delighted with Beloveds SC kit, the install is so very easy, and instructions are easy too. All in all...perfect. The intake manifold is a beautiful piece, amazing machine work and magnificent design (thanks Sean). I'm about halfway there with fitting the gorgeous SC (no time for jet-lag)!

Good to have a cruise on the board tonight and see the posts, especially from those I can now put faces too! Thanks for all those posting pics, almost feels like I'm still there, when viewing your posts. My pics are yet to be back (non-digi camera)!

My third VOI, and again, I'm overwhelmed by the whole experience. Just too Vipered-out to type anymore at the mo, (also must get back to the garage...I've a beautiful 'blow-job' to complete!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad you made it home safely Nadine. Everyone was just curious what did it cost to take the Roe SC back home with you on the airlines? Nice to meet you also!!

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nadine, glad to hear that both you and the goodies arrived home safely to the UK. It was good to see you again.

Unfortunately, I have even MORE bad news to report about our North Texas member listed above who lost the wheel off his tow vehicle and had later fire damage to the Viper.

He finally made it home just an hour ago...... but not before the following list of ADDITIONAL problems.

1. Had a trailer tire blow out just past Texarkana. It blew the removable fender off the trailer and into the one, good, unburned door remaining. A following car ran over the bouncing fender, completely destroying IT, but without serious damage to that other car.

2. Approximately 50 miles from home, he lost all the lights on his tow vehicle. Had to replace fuses several times over that short mileage to limp it home.

3. I say "limp", because about 30 miles out he started to lose the trans in the tow vehicle. He made it home the last few miles with only 2nd gear remaining in the auto trans.

In my entire life I've never heard about any string of bad luck coming or going to an event that equals this. It's almost unbelievable. I haven't given his name out to this point, but I will now, so all of Tony Wendling's friends can wish him well. Tony..... we share the pain. Next time you're towing in a group with the rest of us.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back home. Thanks to the VCA and Dodge!

SPECIAL THANKS to the ILLINOIS Viperclub members! YOU are GREAT PEOPLE !!!