Viper ACR suspension tuning advice

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone please help me. I have a 2000 ACR and I wanted to know how I would go about tuning the suspension. I understand that I can lower the car another inch if I wanted to. can someone tell me if this is true. I dont see anything in the owners manual about the ACR suspension.

PMUM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the 2000 model year they had two different types of shocks. Do you have Konis or Dynamics? Also, the absolute maximum you should lower the car is 3/4".

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The lower spring perches can be unscrewed a few turns to lower the car. You can't do this with the tires bearing weight. Most of us who have experimented with lowering agree that about 3/4" (19mm) is as far as you should really go. Measure this from a frame hardpoint near the tires, not bodywork. Lowering changes something called "bump steer curves" and corner weights. If not checked & readjusted, they can lead to squirrely handling. The average alignment shop will probably be capable of checking bump steer, but not necessarily competent. Corner weights are checked with scales. Seek out serious racers.

The shocks are also externally double-adjustable for compression and rebound. This affects comfort and handling. Keep good notes and be methodical.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Stay in touch with Paul Mumford, as he is the "King " of ACR setups. Trust him and Dean, as 3/4th an inch drop is the maximum to go, regardless of the type shocks.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler

OP
OP
T

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PMUM how do I find out if I have either the Dynamics or the Koni shocks.

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PMUM:
In the 2000 model year they had two different types of shocks. Do you have Konis or Dynamics? Also, the absolute maximum you should lower the car is 3/4".

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PMUM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your car should've come with a supplemental ACR manual. Also, I think the Dynamic shocks have a "Dynamic Suspension" sticker on them.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jumping onto this older thread I'd like to know if a 2000 ACR suspension can be put onto a 2000 R/T10?

Is it just the springs and shocks, or more components?

-Dean.

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toronto ACR tuning and lowering your suspension will not help you I plan to spank you and send you home to MAMA CRYING.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nevermind. They were sold.
frown.gif

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Snakester on 04-05-2002 at 12:42 PM</font>

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth