Fastest Viper in the World SVS Stryker

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay, all I know is that the engine had wires coming out of it like "Frankenstein", and Ron was laughing and smiling like a proud poppa!

To all, I stopped by at SVSi this morning to see the "beast" in it's "salt bath" state, but the boys have already given it a bath and it looks great again. Sandy let me handle some of the "salt blocks" that came off the car, WOW are they big and heavy.

Ron said he thinks they are bringing it to the Illinois VCA meeting tonight? If you get a chance to attend maybe they will raffle off a RIDE!!!!!!!! If you get one, be sure to bring a change of underwear. And if Senior is driving,bring two sets to change into. You need one for the ride and one for his laugh.

Ken Larsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if schamburg police have jet planes to keep up? I dont think they would be to happy with 247mph down golf road!

bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron, cnagrats again. Unfortunately that Jun Supra didn't keep the record
frown.gif
Some other car beat it by someting like .7 MPH and the Supra wasn't able to run again in the time alloted (probably due to the blown motor?!?!?), they did run a 241.X MPH according to their site in an unofficial run afterwards.

Jason T. How the hell are you? This is Guilly. We should be in Vegas for the Supra meet shortly (October 4th to the 6th), I'll give you a call when we get in.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Svsi:
jR here,

Happy to finally know how to put pix up with posts thanks to Chris Y2K GTS. Big goodie bag being sent right now!

To: SUPRA
Thanks for the comment. Dont know if you have heard of the JUN built supra but he was at the Salt Flats. They had the nicest pit out of anyone. Full rig, canopy (w/ BF GOODRICH on it) and quite a crew. Toyota Sponsorship WOW! I think he bested a 188mph record to 239mph. It wasnt their first time there. Tried to ask if we could use their welder but they had popped one of their engines and didnt want to be bothered.

To: MO

Never heard of this sledgehammer? were did it run? when? any proof?

Svsi jR

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats again on the MPH SVSi! What HP level is estimated necessary to overcome 300MPH worth of wind resistance? Did the 240+mph pull happen with stock gears in 6th? (Factory gearing puts redline in 6th right at 300MPH on the nose....)

<FONT COLOR="Red">ADMIN-EDIT by Vipermad</FONT c>

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is awesome news for everybody, I'm glad to see these guys back making waves. On a side note, I have had the pleasure of meeting the Rons on a few occasions, and the distinct pleasure of riding with Ron Jr at Rockingham. Man is that guy an amazing driver. Anyway, these guys are a class act all the way, Ron Sr. even sold me a set of center caps for cheap when I had a little center caps ran under the tires incident. Anyway, it's a beautiful car, with a beautiful speed, great job guys!

THUNDER DOWN UNDER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
Ron Sr (Big Barramundi), congratulations on having the fastest Viper in the world, well deserved. At the same time you managed to get a few people's jocks in a twist, good on ya mate!
There will allway's be one in every crowd who will rain on your parade. Keep up the good work.

The guy's at THE911FACTORY (VIPERFORMANCE) Sole agents for SVSi in Australia.
Dodge Viper importer's, R/H/Drive conversions and engine upgrades.

OP
OP
S

Svsi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you put the bold quotes from other people? I'd really like to comment on questions involved in this thread and that would make it easier.
Please help!

jR.
Svsi

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Go to the post you want to quote.

Look at the bottom of the window for the "Quote" button and click on it...............

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Svsi:
How do you put the bold quotes from other people? I'd really like to comment on questions involved in this thread and that would make it easier.
Please help!

jR.
Svsi

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SVSi can you please respond to some of us curious Viper owners. Many people have asked you questions on your car. Can you please answer some of the questions such as What kind of transmission and gears did you use. What rear end gear ratio did you have. How much boost were you running. What kind of gas were you using. how big was your motor. What kind of turbos do you use. Whay kind of aftermarket computer do you use. Did you have stock ported heads or were they aftermarket. Please give us some details. You dont have to give specifications but please give us something thanks

Please help!

jR.
Svsi

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OP
OP
S

Svsi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robert:
The trans was T-56 Stock gears, 3:07 rear end gear, nine lbs of boost, it was a leaded event fuel specific for the class. It is destroked to 464 cu in, motec engine & fuel management systems. Yes they are stock ported heads. One important thing is a Gen-1 engine was used. We only used 35% of the avaliable boost so we know that the engine has alot more power, we have to tweak the setup to push it through the wall. We did not push the car. That was the first time at Bonneville. I had to keep the EGOS in check so that no one came back in a basket. Bonneville is a very serious event. Hope I have been of some help. Check out the post Viper At Bonneville 9/5/01 Landracing on VCA site. SVSi is looking for sponsorship, so that we can acheive the 300+ miles per hour for the Dodge Viper. We would like to hold the record instead of it being held by a "TWIN TURBO PONIAC!"

SVSi
Ron Sr

OP
OP
S

Svsi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason
Thank you for the attaboy. When you get ready for a real Twin
Turbo for a Viper. Give me a call.Use it to set the records in the open road unlimited class.

Ron Sr

Dave Golder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron,

Congrats on the awesome run. 247 is **** fast. I have had my cup car in the mid 230's at the open road races and no doubt it's flyin at those speeds. But one word of caution. The record for an open road race is 207.8 mph and I have the second best time for a complete run at 198.99 mph. With the road the way it is today 207.8 ain't gonna be broke. When I ran that time in May I was 100% sure I would break the record. After a few brushes with death on the bumps I had to slow down and that is a car with about over 7 inches of suspension travel. But to think that a Viper can touch that record..... I don't think so. It really does not matter how fast the car is anymore. Once you can run 225 or so you need the road.... and I am afraid it's gone. To try to get someone to break that record in a Viper is like signing a death warrant. Be Careful!

Dave

OP
OP
S

Svsi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dave Golder:
Ron,

I have had my cup car in the mid 230's at the open road races and no doubt it's flyin at those speeds. But one word of caution. The record for an open road race is 207.8 mph and I have the second best time for a complete run at 198.99 mph. With the road the way it is today 207.8 ain't gonna be broke.

Dave

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hows it goin Dave?

Is the pavement deteriorated? Are they planning to resurface? I thought they were going to make improvements on the roads surface? I'm sure the tire temps are off the scale after a run like that. We used specially rated tires for up to 450mph, did you use special tires? I have never been to these speeds on asphalt and wonder how the car reacts with the wind. At one point on one of the runs on the salt, the wind blew me 80 ft across the lane and almost out of the lane and into the bare salt. When that happened I was at 240 on a windy day and pulled the chutes early - went past the edge and luckily recovered.
I was very nervous about going to the salt flats and would also be nervous about speed runs on paved roads. But you know, I have a fun addition like yourself and will jump in the seat and try. Somtimes facing death on the weekends keeps me living!

Ron jR.
SVSi

Dave Golder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JR,

The road is horrible. They fixed the road...somewhat about 2 years ago. But over the winter it has become nothing short of dangerous. All it took was one winter and the bumps were back worse than ever. Chuck Shafer holds the record and it was just an awesome run. The bumps were better as the road was newer but he still had a bunch of bumps to deal with, and a NASCAR car with a lot of suspension travel. To give you an idea of how bad it is.... I ground 3/4 of an inch off my rear trailing arms... almost through to the bushings. The front of my car was beyond thrashed from after going airborne... crashing back down on the road. On a two lane highway.... you don't have 80 feet not even 8 feet. One of the spots I got air I landed sideays to the road and ended in the dirt. It was by the grace of God that I was able to gather the car up. About 3 minutes later almost (12 miles) the same thing happened but at a much worse angle and I was pointing right at 3 trucks full of course workers and I thought I had them. My tires gripped when I yanked on the wheel as I was still on the asphalt and I saved it.... and them. After that I slowed down. I must have got all 4 wheels off the ground at least 20 times if not more.

They say the state is not going to touch the road anymore because of the expense. They need to shorten the road at least for the unlimited cars or someone will be killed. Anything over 170 and your in for a ride. I have a race next weekend and the Silver State the weekend after.... then I am done running unlimited. Just not worth the risk.

As far as tires I am just running Daytona Right side NASCAR tires. I have not had a blowout... but have punctured a few. They are so super thin it is scary.... but the only thing that fits.

Take Care

OP
OP
S

Svsi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kewlbrz:
Ron Jr.,

How would your Class and Run compare to the 1988 Callaway Sledgehammer 5.7 Liter Twin Turbo Corvette, that currently holds the fastest street car record at 254.7 MPH ? Callaway's TT Sledgehammer was also clocked at just under 300MPH on the return pass.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Callaway car did not run at Bonneville.The fastest street car as far as I know is Kugel&Lefever at 300.87mph in a Pontiac.

Ron Sr
SVSi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper