Fastest Viper in the World SVS Stryker

Svsi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supervipersystems.com (SVSi) located in West Chicago IL. 630-876-1335 has developed and finally tested the Viper Stryker Twin Turbo on "The Great White Dyno" A.K.A. The Bonneville Salt Flats during the 53rd annual Speedweek Aug. 11-17 2001. Attaining a top recorded speed of 247Mph with a completely street legal stock Viper has given us the credibility we were looking for.
Our turbo system makes around 1300hp and almost the same in torque, for a daily driver thats quite a manageable monster.
SVSi a family owned and operated Viper high performance shop has developed an array of serious HP toys since 1994. We started developing turbos on the Viper in 1995 and have realized that KNOWLEDGE IS POWER and we have more knowledge than anyone doing turbos on Vipers. "The full potential of the Viper Stryker has yet to be met and I'm confident it is much closer to a 300Mph Viper." comments Ron Misjak Jr. driver and son to owner Ron Misjak Sr. "It's amazing that anyone could bring their showroom purchased Viper to SVS and we can turn it into a 250Mph Stryker daily driver, my dream has become a reality." comments
Ron Misjak Sr. owner of SVS.

Check out supervipersystems.com for a full story to be updated soon.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow,you guys beat out all the popular viper tuners,how many vipers were there competing?Would that title hold true at the dragstrip?
aysmile.gif

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Congrats Ron!

Where can we see an article on this record run?

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Truly Great feature about SVSI is that living in Chicago means I won't be sending my Viper out of state for aftermarket work when I finally get one!

Congrats again Ron Jr/Sr.

Jay K.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow 247mph is it going to be on tv I dont think that I will last doing 247mph
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif

BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif

congrats for being the fastest street legal viper on earth!

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you post some pics of this incredible car? I can't imagine a 247 mph run without serious aerodynamic upgrades.

Jeff

OP
OP
S

Svsi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Everybody !

Ron jr here

pics soon, trying to update the website w/ everything about speedweek. have not been on a computer for a while. By this weekend hopefully everything will be finished.

Our class was A/BMS 440-500cid/Blown Modified Sports

No other Vipers were there. The chairman told us we were the 1st on the Salt Flats

Our competition was:

1959 Berkley (Built for the salt) wheelbase 130" and with the modified body about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 times the length of a stock Viper. The car is about 3 feet wide. Total Aero

493cu Donovan w/ 4 turbo's (it pegged a 2000 hp Dyno)

Pushbutton Trans - Hydraulic or someting I'm not sure

w/o driver 1600lbs.

Owner - Totally salted cool dude Bonner Denton - Chemistry Professor Univ. of Arizona

Viper Stryker

Stock 96 Viper Coupe - wind rails (Nascar type)
SVS Twin Turbo (stock engine block, heads, intake etc. )
Stock Trans, Diff
Lots of SVS Safety

w/o driver 4000lbs +

Owner - A totally persevering (broke the mold) father

The record in this class was 246

Our competition got the record 264

Everyone was betting we wouldnt go over 180

Alot more to come. Thanks for all the Congrats !

jR

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
247mph!!! That's incredible. And you talk of 300mph like it's nothing. Wow! I'm impressed.

Congrats on these spectacular numbers. I'd love to read more about it.

-Avi

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey SVSi

I think that it is now safe to say that you are the new king of the vipers. Now please get yourself in the magazines and start representing the Viper. It was an embarrasment that no Viper was in the Car and Driver challenge cup. Do us proud and get yourself in the paper. This should be the start of some serious PR for you guys and you definitely deserve it.

So now can you please tell me what you mean by street legal. Does that mean you are pushing 1300hp through the exhaust on street pump gas and able to pass emmissions. What kind of boost were you running. please give some details.

Thanks and congrats!

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, that's some serious airflow management and a very impressive trap speed. Maybe you folks should be the ones going after the Ripley's event. I'll be interested to read what your tire setup was.

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I must say that although John Hennesey has had his criticism. he has been able to prove what he sais.

I hope that what SVSi has posted is true because if it is not then these guys should be banned from posting. Please back up your claims guys

Reaction score
I have heard the SVS car is very fast, but what has it done besides top speed. What about normal driving conditions at the track. If I had a car that could go that fast, I would hardly ever drive it past 220 at any given time. We get mine up to 190 every weekend, and thats a little too fast. Is it just a top speed car?

OP
OP
S

Svsi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron Jr. Here

Unbelievable the hype that is created in both directions.

For your information John, No one at SVS, including myself has ever wrote anything about a qualifying run, a record run, a two way average or whatever else your trying to hype up to **** on our/my parade. You are the only one who has created this by asking to see something that we never said we did. In that respect you discredit us in a mild mannered way. You’re a sly one John.
I have posted 3 messages since the flats and all I have said is That “THE SVS STRYKER TWIN TURBO IS THE FASTEST VIPER IN THE WORLD AT 247MPH”. “O, I’m sorry 246.742mph” I would have rounded it the other way if it would have been closer to 246mph. I even mentioned how we didn’t get the record in one of my posts. I have waited to show proof because I knew you would start crying and hyping. I get a kick out of how you operate, I learn from you on how not to be like you but in the respect of marketing I want to be just like you. Everyone knows your name. Your tactic now is to not let us get to much good press. It is interesting how people change their tunes so quick just because you say something on this board. You control a lot of people through marketing isn’t that what your about? magazines, magazines, magazines - proof, proof, proof - I got it, I got it, I got it. I have bought the most magazine coverage out of anyone in the whole world. But it seems that other issues plague you. Everyone tells me that if you didn’t cling to the negativism you would truly rule. But that is a good thing for us because it gives us a chance. Thank you

Sorry, I get going because I'm very happy and proud of what we have accomplished. I did this for one person and that is my Father because of the struggles he has went through to get to this point. It was awesome being at the only racing venue that didn’t sling crap like John and I are doing right now. The seriousness of the hi-speed affair keeps everyone in check because Karma is in the seat of all drivers pants on the salt.

So when your comment reads “all we want to see is the proof” guess what? I will bath in this silky tub for as long as I see fit, if you don’t like it, that’s to bad! And the more you provoke me the less time I have to complete my account of “SVS STRYKER TWIN TURBO THE FASTEST VIPER IN THE WORLD”

Guess what? there is going to be a lot of obsolete magazines soon.

Carpe diem
jR

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all know that the tuner world is a competitive one. There are strong feelings on all sides as each side is passionate about their work and their achievements.

John has had his share of records and claims to fame; just as Ron Jr./Sr. have had theirs - so have the other tuners here, all of which are qualified in their own right.

I think that John's insistance at proof was probably a little overdone - it was almost a challange to see if Ron Jr. was lying; so I would understand Ron Jr. being upset. Instead of saying "Hey, Great! Can we see the slips?" he spent alot of time tring to outline why he would question their results. But, dont forget, John probably was being defensive because it would be a title he might want for one of his cars! I can see how one tuner making a claim like "fastest Viper in the world" might insite a reaction from another.

I think we should all stop putting tuners up on pedistals and realize that they are as competitve and emotional as anyone here when it comes to Vipers (probably more so since they are elbow deep in them all the time!). If one or the other vents here on the board, we should be careful not to read too much into it.

I, too, get defensive (to a fault) when people post negative comments about members of the EBT. Does that make me any less a business person if I am offerend when someone refers to one of the girls in an unflattering way? No.

So we as observers should keep in mind that behind those names are hard working, competitive and emotional people. And that written words can often be misenterpeted and not reflect the intent of what was ment to be said. John may have not intended to sound put off when he wrote it; but many may have read that into what he wrote. How many times have people taken your words out of context without the benefit of hearing what you had to say?

Again, great job, Ron! You just keep doing what you are doing and dont let anyone drag you down.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys calm down your like two dogs that want to beat each other up.If I were you two I be happy because I know you want to be the fastest but right now you should be happy that you evenat least own a viper.I agree with John though.I don't know if you had read this but I had said that John and another viper owner should go to the flats.(Maybe it was my fault that I should have said that)

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Screw the group hug. I wanna know what's up with this amazing car. I asked earlier for photo's expecting massive aero dynamic mods. The car photo posted above (not by SVSi admittedly) has a stock nose!? John (who I haven't even met yet) won't even sell his higher engine mod cars without aero. It doesn't make since that this car (which BTW has the coolest paint I've ever seen) can run 247 with stock body panels and no wing. I'm not an engineer..... but.... doesn't it stand to reason this isn't possible without some areo mods?

I don't care where the 247 was accomplished (at the flats that day or some other place) but I want to know how you kept it on the ground.

Please post the photos! I need some new wallpaper for my computer.

Jeff

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Congrats Ron and Ron, but please check out MGW's new Stainless Steel exhaust. I am sure with George's help you guys can bust 300mph. I wonder if this makes the SVS Race Car ( Tom Burton and Rob Foster's ) we have for sale worth more money?

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron,

Two ways... First you upload the pictures to your server; then you use img tags...

(img)http://www.yoursite.com/image(/img)

EXCEPT YOU USE BRACKETS [], instead of ()

The other is to use the buttons over the compose box, press the 8th button from the left which is an arrow to a picture - that will ask you for the imformation and then put the code in your post....

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agree with John Hennesey. If you claim that you have accomplished something then you have to back it up with proof. I to want to see if SVSi did run 247mph at bonneville. I hope that they did because it is a VIPER and I want to see all Vipers kick *** . But timeslips are what proves someones claim. I am not in anyones camp more than the other. But I congratulate the one that does it and backs it up. I still do not know the answer. Did SVSi run 247 mph. Forget about the record.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper