RFHO (Request for honest opinion)

SlowCreamPuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been reading some of the posts and I feel that the participating members are true enthusiasts.

I just joined and let me introduce myself a little. I currently have a C5. I hope I won't be discriminated against.
redface.gif
I am absolutely crazy about having too much torque and hp.
biggrin.gif

The speed bug has be growing lately... I talked with Jim and Ron (I believe Sr) at SVSi yesterday. I was very impressed with how I was treated.

Now the question is, what do you guys think of SVSi?
Great reputation?
Great product (the TT)?
Great service?

I don't know much about the ACR... Should I get one with ACR to start with? Or should I start with a non-ACR car?

Your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
SlowC5

OP
OP
S

SlowCreamPuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the ACR has anything special that is hard for aftermarket to upgrade?

Otherwise, I am sure Ron can take care of the rest...
biggrin.gif

SlowC5 (don't laugh, it's not that slow)

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends greatly on what you want to do with the car. Drag or Road race or auto cross or just drive on the street. The ACR has a few things which as a package from the factory costs $10,000 but when all added together with aftermarket purchases will cost you much more than 10K. The suspension alone is probably worth $8500. Then there is the K & N's the 18" BBS one pc alum wheels, the 5 pts belts and 60lbs less in curb weight.

If you are going to road race the car, definately get the ACR package if not, you could probably put the 10K to better use.

OP
OP
S

SlowCreamPuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACR does not have AC, correct?

I think that's what's going to stop me...
redface.gif

I want to be able to drive it a lot and I am a whimp when it comes to hot weather.
smile.gif

SlowC5

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SlowC5,

Welcome to Viper Country! I personally would not pay extra for the ACR. But that is just me.

Also, I will help you out and let the folks over here know just how slow that C5 of yours is......Lingenfelter TT Stage II I believe.....what have you got like 650 to the tires???

Very Impressive! Anyway, I hope you get a Viper....

Regards,

OP
OP
S

SlowCreamPuff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was trying to keep my SlowC5 as a little mystery.
redface.gif
I guess the secret is out now. ;)

Yes, it makes 631hp and 652ft-lbs of torque to the wheels.
smile.gif
My goal was to break the 600 mark and still drive it every day (which I do).

Now, next plan is to break the 1000 mark. And I think that takes a Viper.
redface.gif

Just curious... Martin D, how did you know?

SlowC5

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SVSi is the real deal. Their bolts on are well thought out, and add real performance gains.
They have put together the fastest turbo car on the planet, and make very high quality and effective headers.
Lots of other tuners are also good.
If you are in the Chicago area SVSi would be high up on the list of people I would trust.
Great products, great advice, and knowledgable Viper enthusiasts.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SlowC5:
Does the ACR has anything special that is hard for aftermarket to upgrade? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

EXCELLENT, pertinent question. Simple answer:

NO !

For $10K additional--------

The wheels are not THAT special, and bonking one will make you forever regret you bought an ACR......expensive part of package, and not that striking. Available elswehere for much less, or spend $0 and keem OEM forged wheels on non-ACR!

The 2000.5+ shocks are getting mixed reviews, and even some bad reviews on-track.....expensive part of the package...available BETTER for less........

The harnesses are inferior to those available elsewhere, for far less moolah......

ps..........SVSi is good peeps.

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SlowC5,

I keep tabs on many fast cars around the country. Yours happens to be one of them! Please consider it an honor....

Regards,

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get an ACR and you won't regret it. The car handles like it's on rails, the BBS wheels look awesome, five points are great! Tremendous value despite what others have asserted.

I've had 11 Vets; big blocks, small blocks, ZR-1, etc. The Viper is just a whole different level. Gawk factor ...... unbelievable.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SlowC5:
I hope I won't be discriminated against.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No discrimination, just occasional grief. Don't take it personally, just as we wouldn't on the Vette board.
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>

I don't know much about the ACR... Should I get one with ACR to start with? Or should I start with a non-ACR car?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree with V10 Power. I track my 97 GTS regularly, it is primarly a road race car. Because of that, I wish it would have been an ACR. But I ain't complainin'
smile.gif

Heck, it don't matter. Just get a Viper!!! ACR, GTS, RT/10!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave