Value Of 1995 With Only 9 Miles????

Reaction score
First off this 95' RT is red and is at a local Dodge dealership in Franklin,Ky. It is brand new and has been kept in doors and covered at all times. The dealership is Hunt Ford-Chrysler-Dodge and the owners name is Rick Hunt. He ordered the car back in 95 and just decided to keep the car when no one seemed interested in the show room price at $125,000 which I thought the guy was on crack. I talked to him this past Saturday about the car and he said in a few years he's hoping that it'll bring a few hundred thousands dollars. I thought to myself this guy is a nut. He say's he starts the car once a year and the car is setting on concrete floors to so I'm pretty sure the tires are flat spotted. I'm just curious to see what the value of this car is? By the way wouldn't the gas turn bad after being in a car that's just set in one place since 95? Thanks

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a dealer here in Va that had a 94 from new that he finally sold last yr-- he also had grand ideas of holding on and making a big hit.Unfortunately, I think he took a big hit when he finally found a buyer. Frankly, I wouldn't get near it.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone knows the problems with a car sitting for extended time periods. I'm with everyone else, I'd rather have a car that has had 2,000 miles put on a year. The "bugs" haven't been worked out yet either on this car. A car that has sat for 6 years will develop problems. As far investment purposes, there really isn't one. I know a person with a 92' with 27 miles...... now that's investment quality.

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
I do not want this car for myself. I know it will have problems and that's what I'm trying to prove the the dealer. He thinks everything will be just fine aslong as he starts it ONCE a year. I still think he's on crack!!

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am a retired Dodge dealer and was in business for 33 years. If this dealer were to ask for my advice,(and he hasn't) I would suggest that he turn the car into cash before it sits much longer and invest it in the stock market if he is just looking for economic gain. If he gets a certain amount of pleasure in having the car on the showroom floor as a conversation piece, more power to him. However, to any car nut, especially a Viper lover, it hurts to see a tremendous car like this sitting and "rusting" away. Anyone buying this car would have to be aware of many service issues that could crop up as a result of it sitting on concrete. He would be better off to not ever fire up the car and then he would not be apt to cause damage before someone could get into the car to properly prep it before starting it. Being a new car, it may very well still have the new car warranty available to the first owner in normal trade and commerce. Chrysler should be consulted before assuming anything though!

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by steveb:
Everyone knows the problems with a car sitting for extended time periods. I'm with everyone else, I'd rather have a car that has had 2,000 miles put on a year. The "bugs" haven't been worked out yet either on this car. A car that has sat for 6 years will develop problems. As far investment purposes, there really isn't one. I know a person with a 92' with 27 miles...... now that's investment quality.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>And dry rot and dry rot and rust in the cylinders and other parts.. and more problems than you can shake a stick at.. IMHO..
frown.gif

If you want an investment buy art, or gold or a house.. not a car.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There used to be some classifieds on viperclub.org about brand new 94 RTs just sitting in showrooms.

It may be worthwhile buying such a car just for investment purposes. But if you drive it, that investment value is rendered worthless.

IMHO, a used Viper serves you better.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
His approach MAY (???) work someday...though HE may may or may not live to see it. This brings up a good point about "no" milage cars...OFTEN means that it is "no" maintenance as well (in my opinion after 35+ yrs. of buying cars...and "belonging to a dealer" is NOT a confidence builder for me...though I suppose there are exceptions). Hope YOU don't want this Viper, Jason, as you CERTAINLY can do better !!!

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmmm. The viper will not be a collector car. Maybe in the year 2050 but 6 years later?!!! I test drove a 95 with 5 thousand miles on it. The dealer was asking 39,500 for it.

Im thinking that your notions about this dealer being on illegal substances may be correct.
tongue.gif
:

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just talked to a dealer that sold a similar '92 last year. It had been sitting on it's floor for.....eight years...... selling price? $46,000. They turned down 100K in '92.

Cars are not stocks. Imagine what 100K in any reputable mutual fund would have done over the last nine years...... you could have bought a nice house with a big garage, and a new '01 RT/10 to put in the garage with the gains
smile.gif

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One can only hope that these are the same dealers who have gouged people for PT Cruisers and Prowlers when they first hit the showroom.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950