Homecoming parade

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was recently asked to drive my '94 R/T in a local homecoming parade. My gut feeling is that it would damage the rear support to have anyone (even a lightweight teenager) sit on it. Moreover, assuming she did sit on the support, she would then have to place her feet on the console or over the passenger seat.

Would I be justified in requesting that she sit in the car and not on it????

Help!!!!

Trbulnc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been in many parades and homecomings (3 years worth). I actually have another one next Fri. I always carry a big stack of towels in the seat for the girl to step up on. She takes her shoes off when she gets in the car so she is barefoot so no heel marks in seat. I put a cotton towel across the support for her to sit on so no scratches and make sure she doesn't sit on the pad. Never any problems. Actually it is always the same girl so she knows the routine! lol

stephen

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Pac-NW VCA and Natl VCA has had the privilige of driving CART and IRL drivers and family in several pre-race parades.

The sport cap bar will hold a family of 4 adults !

URGENT: DO NOT WAX THE BAR! DANGEROUS. In fact, use diswashing liquid to remove polish/wax for the event. If you are "jerky" at idle be sure to synch the trottle cables, so you dont launch the rider.

Only tall folks can safely place feet on console and butts on the sport bar....

Have the queen stand in the seat! Place a carpet square, preferably foam backed, or a foam pad atop the seat. She can safely lean back and still stand, hold on, and wave.

A 1994 RT can even pop out the seat cushion with a forward-edge-underside clip. Then, she can stand on a metal frame.

Enjoy the ride !

RECOIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've driven two Ms Virginia winners (different years) and an ex Ms. USA in my RT -- never had a problem with them standing in the passenger seat and sitting against the bar.

Now that I have a GTS, I gave up that honor.

By the way, each of them said they didn't like the Viper. Reason: It took attention away from them.

Steve

prohydro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really though, I think for the safest ride, she should be sitting on your lap!
bounce.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets