I want to join VCA!

OP
OP
T

TAPROOT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well,
When I actually get my viper I will be shure to send my $100 to VCA along with the application.. Then I can get my stickers and magazine?????I think what I am getting at in this post is..feedback as to what the benefits are of being a member,what kind of events are there ETC.Not if I qualify at this time . "future owner" =1 week...

Thank you-

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Benefits include:

Subscription to Viper Magazine
Subscription to VCA Notes (VCA's official newsletter)
ID Card
Invitation to exclusive National, Zone and Regional events
VOI (Viper Owner Invitationals)
This Website
Discounts on Viper related merchandise/apparel
Exclusive Raffle opportunities
Liability Insurance at National and Zone recognized events

..am I missing anything?

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tap,

First of all, do you have a name? If not then I will stick with Tap. We have a rather unique situation here in the IL region. At least I think it is unique. At any rate we offer an associate membership at a reduced price.

I know of only one such associate member, but he is in the same shoes that you are in. Ie. he is currently Viper hunting and looking for info. He comes to most of the meetings (first Wendesday of the month at Fudruckers in Schaumburg).

I would suggest you come to the next meeting. I'm sure some one will take your manoy and give you something...

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe you might want to add:

Regional and local VCA events
Viper Owner Priority Programs, i.e. Voucher and financing Information direct from Team Viper (Team PVO)
Direct line of communication to Dodge
Pre-arranged Dealership relations

Not to mention, one of the biggest forms of friendship that anyone will ever experience. Look over under the other topics section and see members inviting other members to stay at their HOMES. How many other groups actually offer this type of comradery? Buying the Viper is a great experience, but it will pail in comparison with the great friendships you will ultimately build!

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
...and don't forget, first year is on us! You'll be receiving a letter from Dodge welcoming you to the "Viper Nation" and offering a free first year of membership!

Enjoy!

OP
OP
T

TAPROOT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Steve,
I have come here not only to talk vipers but to also build friendships.By the way my name is Ivan and look foward to meeting some of you guys.
Thanks
smile.gif

OP
OP
T

TAPROOT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe
"First year on us"
Fantastic!I will be getting my 01 Viper within a short period of time.How does Dodge get your information to be able to send the voucher?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can get your VIN in advance, most clubs will use that to process a membership.
Be advised the free membership takes a while (D-C is a huge company). Please expect it to take 2 or 3 months for it to be processed.
In the meantime most clubs will welcome you to events with open arms.

Welcome to the Viper Community.
bounce.gif

Tony Estes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Originally posted by JMcGuire:

One caveat -- the freebie "first year" is a "calendar year", meaning it ends in December. It only carries over into the following year if you join at the very end (November, I think). But I guess any free time is better than none, right?

Not quite right. Anyone joining after October gets the next calendar year included.

Henry Cone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NC Region also offers an Assolciate Membership. We have about 8 Associate Members in our region. So IL region is not the only one. Other regions should consider this. Our Associate Members get our region newletter, invites to all of our region activities, etc. just like any of our regular members. We've got Associate Members who even come help work on our cars!!!

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guy's you missed the biggest benefit of all. Once you become a National VCA member you automatically become a regional member. That is where you are going to get the biggest bang for your dollar. Most (if not all) the regionas are very active. They hold social, technical and even racing events. Most will offer their members plenty of activities which center around the car but ultimately build on the fact of making friendships that last for years (possibly a lifetime).

Since you will be getting your car shortly i would like for you to get involved right now. The Illinois group is one of the most active regions and we have a cool event coming up next weekend. we are calling it the Karting and Kruising event. We will start the day off with a short cruise up to SW Wisconsin where we have rented a Go-Kart track for three hours. Now these are real racing karts not the stuff you find at the Dells. We will race all morning and then head out for lunch and an afternnon spent cruising the Wisconsin back roads. If this sounds like something you would like to do please let me know and we will get an application out to you.

Rich Hamielec
Retired Illinois Regional President

OP
OP
T

TAPROOT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks rick,
I am going to pursue the membership right away.I will look foward to meeting you.BTW PARK RIDGE!!! I grew up as a youngster near Park ridge and my Uncle lives there till this day! Tree city USA..

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have lived in Park Ridge for about 30 years now. Still a lot of trees but Dutch Elm disease killed off a bunch of trees 10 years ago. Hope to meet you at either an event or next months General Membership Meeting. First Weds. of the month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4