Rebuilt 98' Viper GTS value?

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Rebuilt 98\' Viper GTS value?

IMO it won't be worth as much as a non wrecked viper. Just remember that when you go to sell it even if it does come back with a clean title, you should inform the buyer that it was wrecked & previously had a salvage title. If i purchased your car without you disclosing this fact and found out later i would hunt you down....just my opinion.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score

When I was looking for my 96' GTS. I found several salvage titled cars that were selling about $6000 - $7000 less than a clean car. That's what I'd put it at. Also figure in any mods you may have as a plus at about 50% of their new installed value.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

John,

I am also rebuilding a '98 GTS. How's is going so far? Mine has 8,900 miles and came with a Venom 500 package already installed.

Anthony

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

In my opinion , and I realize this will not be popular, but a car with a salvage title drops tremendously in value. Rule of thumb is often half the value. Very few banks will finance a Salvage title ( some do only because they were unaware at the time ) , and serv. contracts are unavailable. Quality Dealers are just as nervous about a salvage title as most customers are, and full disclosure should always be the rule. Keep in mind you bought the car to have fun with and enjoy, so resale should be secondary in your mind, as you hopefully paid alot less for your Snake. I would place a salvaged Viper at a minimum of $10,000 under average book, and I am probably a little optimistic. You sound very honorable in your approach to inform any future buyer, and since that is in the future , rock and roll for today.

Bill 96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The key to selling will be honest disclosure and lots of photos. Vipers get totaled quite easily due to parts costs. Plenty of before photos as well as during repair photos will go a long way to helping it sell. All that said, I'd expect $10-$12,000 off current sales price if it's done right unless it was a minor hit with no frame work at all. My .02