Got a bit of justice today

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About a year ago, I shipped COD my stock wheels to a guy named Alex Astor in North Carolina, who paid with a bad business check and then stopped returning my calls. Thanks to the advice of several people on the board, I finally ended up contacting the NC police, who told me that Alex was in a fair bit of trouble for conning other Viper and Ferrari owners - they added my name to the list. Alex then went and took delivery of a Prowler from Woodhouse Dodge (of all places) and paid for it with a bad check, which got him into even more serious trouble.

I received today a letter from a District Attorney in North Carolina telling me that Alex was sentenced to a minimum of 66 months (maximum of 88) in prison for 10 counts of obtaining property by false pretense, 1 count of possession of stolen goods, and 1 count of credit card fraud. I'll never see the $2000 that I'm owed for my wheels, but he'll have at least 5 and a half years to watch out for his ******** in the shower.

A

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daaaaamn. Get the check first next time. Sorry about your luck. Its a shame you cant trust people anymore.

NC doesnt mess around though. Glad to hear that you are a little happy, although out 2 Gs. Id personally like to put a bad guy in jail rather than take the money.

smile.gif

Thanks for seeing it through. Its people like you that turn the bad guys in and help the automotive community clean

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ntmatter:
.........Alex was sentenced to a minimum of 66 months (maximum of 88) in prison for 10 counts of obtaining property by false pretense, 1 count of possession of stolen goods....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Andy........ I wonder what records the D/A has on WHERE the wheels went? Recieving stolen property may also be a crime.
Why not ask for any paper trail?

This is a small community. I wager that someone here knows someone who has the wheels....maybe they just dont know it!

OP
OP
N

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I imagine that he sold the wheels as soon as he got them, then stalled me for 6 months while I tried to get the money out of them. I expect that whoever bought them thought that he was on the up-and-up - Alex was a very convincing talker. I'm resigned to the fact that the wheels are just gone.

A

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure every night when BUBBA his husband comes to visit he will wish he never stole your wheels. Isn't justice a *****.

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How did Bill Pemberton and Woodhouse make out...did they get stiffed for the price of the Prowler?