Viper Friendly Dealers In Ohio

Jaymz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any Viper friendly dealers in Ohio? I have a 98 GTS that the dealer is denying fixing the bad 3rd gear syncro because I have high performancxe parts on it. (different wheels, and shocks) What else can I do to help get the tranny warrantied? Does belonging to the Viperclub have nay benefit here?

Thanks

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you belong to the VCA call your local Club representatives and ask where they go for service? Generally, they will have a dealer that they have a good relationship with. If all else fails, call Dave at Roanoke, 800-541-6858.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nelson Auto Group sels a TON of vipers and equally work on Lambos and Vipers.
smile.gif

I would be more than happy to give you their service managers name.

OP
OP
J

Jaymz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard that the specific dealer has voided my warranty in the National Dealer database. What can I do to get my car serviced? Thanks

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaymz:
I have heard that the specific dealer has voided my warranty in the National Dealer database. What can I do to get my car serviced? Thanks <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the eleven-ty-nine-teenth time the VCA hs been asked, and is willing, to help a member.

ps....New members pay Dues next week, ie after 10/1, $100, and get a 15-month membership instead of a 12! 3 months FREE {Tellem JonB sent ya!) 1.800.998.1110 menu 1 9a-5p EST

And JAYMZ........ There is some consumer legislation sponsored by SEMA that you should know about. Call me w/ your VCA membership #

Steve Miehe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jaymz:

Let us all know where you end up taking your car for the tranny repair. I live in Cincy as well and have an '01 RT (isn't broke yet but that day may come) and want to know where to got with it when the time comes. Thanks,

Steve

OP
OP
J

Jaymz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's an update.

I talked to another dealer and he said that he couldn't help me becuase my car had been flagged. I am a current VCA member, have been since I bought the car a year ago. I called the 800# and started a complaint with the corporate office.

I brought my car into the shop with a 3rd gear syncro problem. The car has a set of Purner wheels, revavled shocks, exhaust, 5Pt belts. I don't drag race the Viper. I have been to a couple of drivers schools with it.

Hopefully I can this resolved. I was planning on buying a RAM 3500 Quad Cab dually after the first of the year but I will never by another DCX vehicle. I haven't been abusive to the this car.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jaymz,
Have you talked to your local VCA president? Are you a VCA member?

If there is a flag in the database, this could get more complicated. The local VCA folks should have a reliable Viper tech that can check out your car's record and see if there is anything goofy in there. Wheels and shocks should not void a tranny warranty issue - unless you brought your car in with slicks and skinnies and grease paint on the windows with your ET.....
smile.gif

Please let us know how this works out.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Janni, unfortunately if the DEALER and or ZONE rep feel that the Viper has performance enhancements done to improve the performance on a track, they can "flag" a Viper. This is the reason I have personally heard;
"The car was engineered with all the components working as one. If you choose to change that, then you choose to alter the performance of the vehicle. Since YOU made that choice we no longer HAVE to honor your warranty."

Is it right-no, does it happen-yes. Does it happen to VCA members- not often. But I was told this by a Zone Rep on a VCA members Viper (not mine). I had one of the underwriters at my firm review the warranty and they showed me the language that allowed them to respond in that manor.

Believe me,I work for an Underwriting company, if you were to see how these policies are written you would understand that the manufactures do this to protect themselves. What it comes down to is working with the right people. When you work within the group you are relatively safe. When you go it alone you have no protection to stand on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32