GTS & ACR difference

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
ACR IS a GTS plus (and minus):

Radio and A/C delete (unless ACR is ordered with comfort group)

No Foglights

Different suspension (adjustable)

BBS wheels

Special Badging

K&N's and Smooth intake hoses (available at any Mopar counter or just about all our aftermarket vendors)

dadsvpr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
99 acr had koni adjustable shocks - they rattled. they were replaced by another vendor (DCS?) the following year though are not considered as desirable for some reason, even though the konis are the source of the rattle.

2000 acr's also have upgraded oil pan. engine modifications include cast pistons (or was it forged?) and a milder cam.

2001 cars have abs.

i had my acr at the dealer the other day. the seat belt recall did not hit the radar screen when they checked. there has been plenty of email on the board on how to update seatbelts if you want to push the dealers a little.

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had both. Sold my 99 GTS and bought a 00 ACR. They are not that much diffrent. The ACR does handle better even on the street.The five point belts are nice to. I have AC,CD,Power windows and locks and, power mirrors in my ACR. What it boils down to is price. I bought my ACR for a little more that what I sold my GTS for so, it worked out great. I can say I am 101% happy with the ACR

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pappy,
Do a search on the board and you will find your answers.
Rest easy that either one is a great car.
Jason contact Chuck Tator at Tators Dodge about your belts.
I posted a picture awhile ago. Very nice.
Chuck Tator AKA Viper Wizard is @ 914-763-3136.
Good luck and enjoy.
My vote is an ACR.

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The oil difference is correct see the posts about A/C and others on this subject by Jon B.

dadsvpr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
found out another difference. an acr without comfort group (like mine was) also does not have an antenna amplifier module for any after market stereo. not insignificant. was quoted $245 for it.
Part #4709109

Jason

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth