Now I'm ready for Viper Days:

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now I\'m ready for Viper Days:

First Viper Days event is in 2 weeks, and the car's just about prepped:

1. Replaced old Simpson 5-point (driver with TeamTech 6-points (both).

2. Upgraded oilpan with baffles and upgraded windage tray.

3. Steel-braided brake lines, slotted rotors, new Motul fluid, new brake pads.

4. 36 hours of MP3 music burned to CD for the 1000 mile each way drive.

JonB at PartsRack.com as always gave me great advice on how best to upgrade the car on my budget. I'll put together the install photos tomorrow and post them in case anyone is interested.

Hide the women and the liquor; I'm heading for Willow Springs.

A

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Now I\'m ready for Viper Days:

Take more brake pads or plan to buy some at the track. Provide for more brake cooling if you want to make the return trip in your own car.

OP
OP
N

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For brake cooling, I have the Porsche air deflectors. I may look at ducting air using some sort of airbox in the future, but I've found that the air deflectors work great and don't cost a mint. I have a set of street pads set aside for the trip back, I'm hoping that I can get 2 days out of my Brakeman #3's. If not, I'll buy another set there.

A

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ntmatter:
I've found that the air deflectors work great and don't cost a mint. I have a set of street pads set aside for the trip back, I'm hoping that I can get 2 days out of my Brakeman #3's. If not, I'll buy another set there.

A

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good for you on the air deflectors. I wish they would have worked for me, but I found them to be worthless.

You won't get two days out of the pads if you're really flogging it around the track.

Good luck, it's a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.