Cheap Mobile One

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just in Target last night and saw Mobile One for $2.94 a quart. Based on what guys are saying that a five quart jug is about $18, this sounds like a great deal as it comes out to less than $15 for the same amount. Unless someone has found it cheaper, I'm gonna stock up on it.

Elite1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So whats the shelf life of oil? Probally dosn' tmatter as much since its synthetic. You know how gas turns to kerosene after awhile...

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, have to laugh. We spend nearly 50k and up for a car. Tens of thousands on mods and when Mobil One is 3 bucks of for a 5 pack, we post it and have to stock up...
laugh.gif

hehe

Gerald

OP
OP
V

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, in that light it is funny. But hey, everybody likes a deal. I have clients that spend $5,000 on their family portraits that I photograph which is lot compared to other photographers. When I give them any kind of little deal or tidbit, they love it. When I went out to find those jugs of oil, I couldn't find them anywhere and had to buy them by the quart and the price came out much more than the the jugs everyone said to get. So seeing these prices on the quarts is nice. I also probably drive more than you guys. I don't winter store the car and drive it 5 days a week during the winter. When Spring gets here it will be daily. Thus I will be doing more oil changes than most of you making the savings more significant. Plus the fact that I'm not that rich and could barely afford to get a Viper (one of those "on the edgeof affording it" guys) so any savings I get means more $ for future mods. But I guess if you'd rather spend more on oil, I'll just keep quiet about the low prices :)

Steve Miehe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recently, a guru from Mobil 1's engineering department stated that their synthetic oil has a shelf life of 10 years. Please correct me if I have misquoted.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a couple of customers in Saudia Arabia....

In an OPEC country, Synthetic Oil is right down there with other Great Satans I guess......cause I have shipped Mobil One to the desert !

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,
Yes I emailed Mobil and they advised a 10 year shelf life on Mobil 1.

So i guess stock up because if you have it you will tend to change it more often.
And it cant hurt !!!

JIM

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Varanus-

Thanks for the tip! I love a good deal, and I'm gonna go get some, too.

Before I started a business, money didn't mean that much to me. I never looked at the price of most anything I bought, I just got it with my eyes closed. I used to laugh at my wife's millionaire cousin who frequented the swap meets, and hoarded merchandise that he found cheap. For him, it was a way of life, and he was, or still is, I should say, extremely conservative, even though he could afford not to be. Ironically, he missed out on the most important things in life, because he was so busy he never spent any time with his kids or wife, and she divorced him.

Regards- Vic

OP
OP
V

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Alan, I do not know what the difference in the tri blend versus the other. What is the difference and is it clearly labeled as such? Thanks, I'm gonna go back to target after I find out and check on this.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by varanus:
Hey Alan, I do not know what the difference in the tri blend versus the other. What is the difference and is it clearly labeled as such? Thanks, I'm gonna go back to target after I find out and check on this.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The bottles look VERY similar. But the Tri-Synthetic will say "Tri-Synthetic formula" and I think the other says "Synthetic Blend" on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth