Engine dress-up

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just completed my first small engine project - Installing 10mm Magnecore wires (thanks Albert C.) and I am looking for other small engine upgrades to entertain myself with during the rainy season now that I finally got my garage reasonably setup to work on my Viper. I have a Roe Racing red smooth tubes kit coming in this week, but after that I am scratching my head.

Anyone have any suggestions, pictures or sources of other reasonably small engine dress-up projects, like silicon tubing, braided hoses, plating, etc. to make the engine compartment even nicer? I'm saving the big bucks for a cat-back in spring.

--- Ken

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go back to Sean Roe and get his Red Silicone raditor hose set. Looks great and should last forever.

Here is one of the best looking viper engines I have ever seen. It may give you some more ideas...

You must be registered for see images

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i remember seeing something a month or so back of people painting the snake on the inside of the hood. if ur crafty give it a try.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken H,
This is out of the engine compartment but you may want to throw on the roe clutch link.
It makes the clutch throw shorter = quicker shifts.

I too picked up the 10mm wires from albert.

Did you use the stock wire loom? I picked up some nice red racing
10.5 mm looms to "dress up" the engine.

good luck

JIM
smile.gif

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BWoodbury:
Here is one of the best looking viper engines I have ever seen. It may give you some more ideas...

You must be registered for see images

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hello Bob -
Is that Cody Pane's old car from Fort Lauderdale Florida? I see some of my parts on that car. Last I remember Cody moved to Colorado and sold the car about 8 months ago. If so, the car has HRE wheels, Clifford alarm with door pops, stereo, hard top/windows and exhaust.

Regards,
Doug

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug,

That is Cody Paynes old car. I bought the car about 8 months ago from Cody and Jennifer in Evergreen Colorado. Great People! I got to make my first drive in a Viper an 1800 mile trip, it was fun! I really am pleased with the stuff Cody Did to the car prior to me buying it. I also spoke with your brother Brian about the alarm and why it was not working, apparently it was stuck in valet mode. Plus the strobes were not working, managed to get them working as well!

OP
OP
K

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin, that is Albert Chlouber. He is on this msg board. He did a group buy a few months back on Magnecor 10mm Racing wires. Don't know if he has any more sets available or not, but you might drop him a note or he can chime in if he reads this.

Albert was able to stuff them into the stock looms with lubricant. Seemed like it pinched the wires a little too much for my comfort so I hogged out the stock looms to make them fit better and still needed silicone grease to get them in. If you hog out the looms, you want to be careful not to weaken the basic structure too much.

Jim, where did you pick up the large wire looms? If they look good, I might still ditch the stock ones.

I could post some pictures if anyone is interested in how it looks. They do look good! 8.5mm would perform just as well and be easier to put on, but what fun is in that?

To everyone else with ideas, thanks! In the absence of engine mods, I may have to go with some more interior tweaks, like the clutch throw or rip shifter from MGW. I did manage to install their air conditioning knobs without breaking anything as well as viper logo air caps. I even adjusted an errant fog lamp. Next up though will probably be a skip shift eliminator right after I get my jack stands. And yes, I am eyeballing the logo on the inside of the hood, but it looks like I would have to remove the hood to do a good job and I'm not sure I want to attempt that quite yet. It still makes me nervous just shutting it....

--- Ken

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken,

I read your comment of tackling the Logo Under the hood. I am finishing that project up this evening. It is pretty simple, you do not have to remove the hood. Just unsnap those little plastic things that hold the heat shield / foam onto the hood. You will only need to remove the padding, pretty simple. Yes you will probably break a few clips, nothing you cannot buy at Pep Boys for very cheap (I bought some yesterday).
I first wiped the whole emblem with a rag soaked with rubbing alcohol to clean the surface a little. After it dried I then mask the logo off and sprayed the whole thing with a Gloss White Paint. I bought a small 2 inch foam roller from the local Home Depot and the Yellow paint. I then rolled the paint on the snake emblem which was simple since it is raised. I am giving it the second coat of Yellow tonight. It looks pretty good too. I will post pictures as soon as I finish and can get some pictures.
I saw the link a few weeks ago where someone did this with white and blue, as well as Mark Coopers Supercharged snake has it done. They both look great too!!

OP
OP
K

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, looking forward to the pictures as well. If you find any paint that works better than others, share that as well. Not sure why I wasn't smart enough to think about removing the liner vs. the whole hood. Good thing I'm in management I guess
smile.gif

For those who may already have done this, any issues with long term durability?

--- Ken

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken H,
i purchased 2 v8 sets of red 10.5 mm looms.
they are

smoothie spark plug wire loom kit
part# 5085613 and 5071013
2 packs different # same thing???

vertical mount

picked them up for 35.95 each set; need 2 sets.
bought them from a local shop by the name of k-s auto
still in the package my vipertech will do the install come spring. he recommened them seeing that the stock looms can be tough to use.
they look good in the package should work well with the new wires.cant wait for spring!!!
good luck
JIM
smile.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper