GTS Convertible?

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

just wondering if anyone has had the top made removable on the GTS?? If not, anyone else got any experience on a similar car? I think it's a matter of bracing the floor if completely removing the roof (not targa) and just cutting and making channels and seals.. any idea on price?

I know it sounds crazy.. but who here hasn't wanted the GTS rear end with the RT/10 removable roof? Just wondering if it's possible/affordable..

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have thought of the same idea before. but wouldent attempt it.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone in the past has posted a GTS top that's available on some website, can't remember thought it was a top, or a sunroof/moonroof though.

As for the rear end of a GTS on an RT/10, you can get the deck spoiler to get a bit of the curve, without doing any cutting.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Dodge scored a perfect 10 with the RT/10. Not that the GTS doesn't look great, but I think the RT/10 looks better.

A convertable GTS? Not for me.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BRYAN & CHUCK
JUST COULDN'T LET THIS PASS, SO ON BEHALF OF ALL OF THE GTS
OWNERS, I WOULD HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH YOU GUYS. R/T10'S ARE
REALLY FABULOUS CARS, BUT BETTER LOOKING THAN OUT GTS'S, DON'T
THINK SO!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VIPR GTS:
BRYAN & CHUCK
ON BEHALF OF ALL OF THE GTS OWNERS,
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laugh.gif

Hey Bub, I'm a RT/10 owner AND a GTS owner and you don't speak for me.
smile.gif

AND QUIT SHOUTING!!!
smile.gif

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a place in Newport Beach Cali that does custom convertibles...I have seen everything (BMW 7 series, NSX, Legend). I dont remember the name but they used to heavily advertise in the Dupont Registery, which recently had a Mercedes E-class/truck...looked like a 4-door el camino.

Count my vote for the Rt/10, I LOVE that flat, wide, low rear. Ironically I couldnt stand it and only liked the front, but I guess its an accquired taste, after owning it and looking at it so much you can't help but like it, besides its sooo unique. No flames to the GTS guys, I want one of those too.

OP
OP
M

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh crap - looks like I've started a war! Heh heh.. OK, I think I have heard of that place, might give em a call! I do like the look of the RT/10 rear from the side.. looks real sporty the way the passenger cell stops with a sharp decline.. but from behind I like the GTS more.. and from in front and above a bit I think the GTS looks a little meaner too - keeps the curves going. But yeah, I definitely know what you mean about living with something and it growing on you! OK, so who wants to give me a RT/10 and a GTS for a month each?? Heh, no I guess my choice will be made by the price of the conversion.. and I think the RT/10 would still always be "more" convertible.. the GTS would just be an aero top kind of thing.

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone can do it properly its R. Strahman Costa Mesa
calif. He did a Testarossa for me in 1987. It cost me $45,000.
This was when I had more $$$ than sense!!!!!

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll help. For $50 I can borrow my neighbors cutting torch and we can give it a whirl if you like?!

For another $25 I'll cut the tail off too and make a true RT out of it.

Hey, if you want it converted into a Gen I, I'd be happy to smash the windows out and replace them with Saran Wrap. And for no charge I'll take out my jack knife and notch a few token hood cracks in it too just to make sure it looks authentic.

For engine upgrades we could cut the linkage between the throttle bodies to make sure you have to sync them twice a year and it should be fairly easy to make the coolant system require burbing by removing any valves and closing the hole with duct tape!

Just joking!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave