00 ACR No Cats, NO Worries (LONG)

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, after getting my car back together after brakes(EBC's),Lowering 1", and having my ACR wheels chrome plated. I decided to do a little exhaust work. Here is what I found. First, cut the cats and, replaced with straight pipe left door resonators in for rasp damping. Second, cut rear muffler and, replaced with straight pipe. Also, added an H-Pipe at the rear to cut do on exhaust burble. The Mopar Computer has stopped any check engine lights and, fixed the lean rich problem. The car does not stink or, is it to LOUD like most people say. It sounds perfectly tuned. Now, here is the kicker. On the dyno the car did
425rwh & 470rwt SAE corrected with a a/f ratio of 11.9. The car took about 200 miles to correct. But, now is running perfect going on 300 miles in the last week(Lots of Driving). The is the best mod I have ever done of the 2 vipers I have owned. The reduced interior heat is amazing. Highway driving is still very quite no drone in side. This should anwser most of the questions you guys have asked over the last two weeks about the 00 Vipers with no cats. One last thing, the car passed emissions at idle and, at 3000RPMS. Tony

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
to clarify, and give credit where due........MoPar ECU.

If you did NOT have the now-obsolute, M.I.A., MoPar ECU, you would be having cheese with your whine......Idle surge.....check lites.....and even worse on '01+.

grayman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does mopar ECU do to prevent those problems. Would like to reduce heat and increase noise. Can I cut out cats and resonators and just replace with hi-flo cats to achieve this? Have basically stock 00 GTS ( mopar cat back, smooth tubes)

OP
OP
B

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is running perfect, over 500 miles no cats. In fact,the car would stink if I got on it hard with the cats. Now with out it seems to have less of a smell. I have a friend running a set of 02 simms, he has not had any problems either. But, my car seems to lay down more power. I have heard a lot of complaints about the Mopar ECU, in this case it is working excellent.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by grayman:
......I would like to reduce heat and increase noise. Can I cut out cats and resonators and just replace with hi-flo cats to achieve this? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES ! EXACTLY ! HF cats = COOLER SILLS, LOUDER SYSTEM. + single digit HPs.

And for far less $ than a Mopar ECU [if you can even find one;] remain 50-state and warranty legal; and not STINK; no idle surge.
Pick up a few HP too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets