Sequential Shifter

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure that it would require a tranny replacement.Someone here must know where you can pick up a tranny that will handel the torque of a viper.I don't care for sequential shifts.There are times when you might like to shift from 1st to 3rd to 5th or any combo.Then again if you're in 5th and braking for a 2nd gear corner why not brake and continue to brake in 5th until its time to shift into 2nd.That is shift to the proper gear for the corner or situation without the hassle of going sequentialy.There is nothing to be gained in braking by running down through the gears.Just shift to the gear you need.On the other hand I would die for a paddle shifter on the steering wheel that matches engine rpm etc for you. Bruce

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check with these guys, they know what theyre doing when talking about Vipers. Have not done any business with them, but they have experience in Viper racing. Based in Andorra, Europe.
http://giwasa.andorre.net/

/JP

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is obvious that GTS Bruce has never had any training in proper race car procedure in down shifting a race car. One of the first things that you will learn in any school is that you never skip gears on the down shift. If you do, this means that you are spending a lot of time in the corners with the clutch disengaged while braking. In a car that has the proper racing balance front to back in braking torque, you will find yourself going backwards and off the track if you follow this thinking. You may get away with skipping gears in a street car since the rear brakes are not that active, but not in a properly set up track car.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron Adee, the former One Lap Champion and current VCA member has the system in his car. I know last year some of the PVO guys tried it while in Detroit. I called and let a message at Ron's house, and told him that someone is looking for the system. If he is in town I am sure he will post in the next few days.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really.No I didn't say brake with the clutch in while letting the engine feewheel.I said shift into the gear you want at the right time and I mean't before the corner.Yeah I've done it both ways and see no advantage either way.Shifting up and down in the proper sequence is a good way for a beginner to learn and you are less likely to screw up. Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper