OP
OP
C

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DevilDog,

Thanks for the bump assist...
I wonder why there is so little input now on this issue? I know that there are those that care but have not responded and this is the very reason that DC may not put much stock in how the concerned Viper owners are feeling about this situation and therefore will not make any further comments on the potential problem. DD,Marc,Ron,etc. you all made your feelings known and continue to do so even with the seemingly apparent apathy that occurs after the "newness" of the post wears off. Most may feel that taking on a situation such as this is like pe__ng against the wind,however, the few that are pushing this forward will continue until DC puts out a focused response to the Viper nation and allows those owners that are concerned to take action with the full endorsement of the manufacturer. Please at least look at this post(numbers count to DC) and respond if you feel the need.
Again...no flame intended....just observation.

CStegall

OP
OP
C

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marc,

Maybe it's just a case of automotive apathy...you know,let's don't really try to do anything that may pit David against Goliath. Our cars go extremely fast and,
as you say, "are not school zone touring vehicles". The good news is that the post is being read...maybe not responded to...but at least read. We should all be thankful for that. I have had a chance to look at many,many vehicles with the various seatbelt systems installed by DC and the Gen III latch system is VERY different from those that other manufacturers have installed. I have received a lot of email from the Viper nation expressing extreme concern over the issue. Some of these have found ways to repair/replace the system and have posted same on this board. I am sincerely hoping that others will respond. Granted...this is not an aesthetic addition to our cars,speed mod or a description for repairing something under the hood. This is almost an "unseen" problem that some hope will just go away...with the excuse that "no car is perfect". Would we worry if we had no seatbelts at all? Of course...and that is why we must continue to lobby DC on this issue.
It's not just about concern...it's about our lives.

Thanks for reading,
No Flame Intended...Just Observation,
CStegall

OP
OP
C

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad,

Great idea!!! We have been putting together a package of contacts that may be interested in the situation and in particular the Vipers that have the GenIII systems(believe it or not...no one had mentioned Autoweek!). I will email you with the particulars next week.

Thanks again Brad,

CStegall

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
TUESDAY BUMP! I'm still here and waiting for an answer. Will be bringing up at the North Texas VCA meeting this Saturday. Wing King we need DC to step up and do the right thing...now! Thanks.

OP
OP
C

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DevilDog,

The groundswell has begun...
Any other patriots out there? Over 1400 have read it...how many are concerned enough to be counted among the troops.

No Flame Intended...Just Observation
CStegall

OP
OP
C

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wanna speak with someone that is a participant and not a spectator? Call Cyclone,DevilDog,Marc,Brad,Ed,Frank,Tom,Ron,Ray,Chuck,Tony,Clint,Don,etc...
These,and others, are not trying to make our car faster...just trying to make it safer.

CStegall

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This seat belt thing has me thinking. I have never noticed a problem as my seat belt latches are pushed down under the seats as they were in the way. (And...I rarely use 'em anyway. I know I should, and am trying to be more diligent.)Anyhow, if indeed this is an issue DCX should step to the plate and makes this right. All they would have to do is send the replacement part...I think most of use would gladly install them ourselves. I have to now check my car and see what it has.

OP
OP
C

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt,

Let me know what you find out about your car...
It's concern like yours that will keep this in front of DC...

Thanks,

CStegall

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just dug my seatbelts out from under the seat cushions, and while I am unsure exactly what I am looking for...my buckles have the red button above the black shroud, on the door side. I could not simply bump the belt while latched top make it come undone though.

OP
OP
C

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got an idea...why don't we put the energy that some of us have been expending on discussing vendors into the Viper seatbelt issue(me included). We still need DC to step forward and address the concerns of the Viper owners.

Thanks for reading,

CStegall

KIHMO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's my energy
bounce.gif
I'm planning to own a GTS in the next few months and hope that DC will do something about this. I'm not excited about potentially spending all that money for a car I will have to be concerned about being thrown from in the event of an accident.

OP
OP
C

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All,

Help me here...I read that there are approximately 2000 members on this board and 14000 Vipers in existence(correct?). You prognosticators out there need to tell me how many views of this post you think would be required to give an 80% topic read coverage of both the 2k and 14k numbers(realizing that there are those on this board that do not own Vipers but will view the post...and as you can see by one of the latest posts...someone that is looking into this issue PRIOR to buying the car).

Thanks for your help,

CStegall

OP
OP
C

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KIHMO,

Thanks for your response AND energy statement. I do not want this to affect your decision on buying a Viper but it is great hearing from someone that thinks it is important enough to consider prior to purchase. This post alone will certainly get the attention of DC.
Please see the pictures on this thread that will allow you to judge the car you are buying and whether or not the GenIII system is on it.
Any more questions please email me...

CStegall

dadsvpr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok so we have all read it. hate to say this but maybe we should let the thread close. it's getting a little irritating seeing this topic day after day. i think so many have read it cause it is ALWAYS here. moderators?

Jason

OP
OP
C

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason,

I can certainly appreciate your opinion...and reserve the right to disagree,however,I personally, will be more than happy to let this Viper safety issue post fade into Thread Limbo if there are others that feel the same...

Moderators? Board Members? I would REALLY like to hear from you...

BTW...Jason...know anybody that has been in any kind of an auto crash?..if so, please ask them if they appreciated their seatbelt system holding them in. Apparently there ARE Vipers out there that have the potentially bad beltsystem...and I imagine that some of them don't hang around this board..and they might want to hear about this issue. Maybe the moderators could create a Lifesaving Forum that only those concerned and DC would visit.

CStegall

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How long did it take to get the ACR belts replaced? And there are only a few hundred of them built every year.

I surely hope this gets taken care of in a timely manner, however the record shows a slow reaction time from DC on these issues. I feel that DC makes the viper as safe as they possible can, and that they did not put a below average belt in on purpose. What could they possible do to fix this? Install new belts in all vipers? How many other vehicles have the same belts? Image the press if they only take care of the vipers.

I'm all for safety, but this might be a dollar question to DC.

OP
OP
C

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony,

Your position statement was very clear to me. When I first viewed this issue on television I was just mildly concerned. When I realized that there were 450hp cars(or really ANY car) out there that might have them...well I got very concerned. And as I began to use my resources to find out what the situation really is...well,I got VERY,VERY concerned. Jason...this thread is NOT funny...NOT political...and NOT an engine or body problem/repair issue...this is obviously an issue that could be resolved very quickly if DC would respond with a "fix" for those cars that may be affected. It is unfortunate, but many Americans use apathy as a second language...I just happen to be one that does not and I will not rest until DC responds to this issue.

CStegall

Cody: You are exactly right. DC has made it a $$$ issue and until they decide it is cheaper to repair than countersue...it will remain that way.
Jason: I am very interested in your opinion on this issue...and please don't use my name and "anal retentive" in the same sentence
smile.gif

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Jason,but this thread needs to stay. I am sure DC doesn't like to see this everyday either. Though it seems for different reasons than our own. How hard would it be for them to say we
understand the Viper Owners concern and they are looking into it?

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dadsvpr:
ok so we have all read it. hate to say this but maybe we should let the thread close. it's getting a little irritating seeing this topic day after day. i think so many have read it cause it is ALWAYS here. moderators?

Jason

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
i think so many have read it cause it is ALWAYS here....DAH maybe that was the idea!!!
As far as I, and obviously others are concerned, this thread will stay open and visible every day until we get an appropriate response from DC.
Jason, if you and others don't like reading it then just don't open the thread anymore. Don't you control your keyboard? Certainly you know the topic title by now. Obviously, some of us think this subject is just as important as say whether or not you should have stripes on your Viper. I personally consider your efforts to censor this topic as very insulting and un-American. No observation...just flame intended!
BTW, Sunday Safety Bump!!!

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ray W:
Sorry Jason,but this thread needs to stay. I am sure DC doesn't like to see this everyday either. Though it seems for different reasons than our own. How hard would it be for them to say we
understand the Viper Owners concern and they are looking into it?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ray W,
WELL SAID!!!