2001 Wheels/Replacement under Warranty?

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received a call today - DC will replace my rims under warranty.
I had to ask and negotiate for month!
The clear coat is "going away" on all four rims.
Seems to be a common problem.
I have a 99 GTS.

You must be registered for see images

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
he Viper's wheels are made by Prime. They make all kinds of aftermarket wheels too. I was less than happy with the wheels on my 2000 GTS and had them replaced. My problem was that mine had been clearcoated with polishing compound still remaining. Mine also had discoloration on the back sides. (Which is visible from the front.) In the end, after 6 months of inspections, being forgotten by the Zone Rep, and replacements coming in damaged...I got 4 new wheels. They cost around $1100 each. Sad part is that Prime makes aftermarket wheels for Hyundais, etc, at a 5th of the price that are made better than the Viper wheels. Here's the part you need to remember; DCX rates the wheels on three levels, the face, the lug holes, and back. They will allow any kind of appearance defects on any area except the face. So, if the faces of your wheels are messed up..they will replace them. Otherwise..you have an uphill battle.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had all 4 wheels replaced under warranty on my 2000 with very little hassle. They were peeling and started getting black blemishes, I was told by the dealer some of the wheels were defective and needed replacement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger