Market Value For Vipers With Rebuilt Title Status

Kevin Stitely

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was reading through the threads and noticed quite a bit of discussion surrounding "rebuilt" title status. I've been following an opportunity on a 99 RT/10 with a rebuilt title. I have before and after pictures that complete the story as well as many conversations with the owner on the history. As the details have been fully disclosed, I was headed down the path to purchase until my better half ask the question, "what does a rebuilt title mean to the buyer and what will it mean at resell time" I explained the details, she's seems OK with the title status, but feels the price is too high based on the "rebuilt" status. According to Edmunds.com, dealer retail price is 52K. Based on previous discussion threads, you should subtract 10-12K from that price. Can anyone tell me what the price should be...or add to the discussion in anyway.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
As for myself I'm in the market for a Salv RT but would never, ever consider a rebuilt unless I knew the mechanic personally. The simple reason being the it is very easy to do a half-assed job on making a wreck look good and generally that's all it has to do...look good. My plan is to get a wreck, strip it bare, and rebuild it myself with a little help from some friends. That way I have a choice on if / when / where to cut corners. If you are comfortable with the car then go for it, but I have yet to see a "significant" price difference between rebuilt and whole and I have looked for a long time. Currently the cheapest scrap vehicle I know of is $24,500 shredded. The cheapest Rebuilt is $32xxx and the cheapest whole is a toss up between one here on the site and one at a local dealership for 39500.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth