There is a GREAT discussion of problems with Hennessey Motor Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
on the "Performance Mods" board. I for one find this info some of the most interesting (regardless of which side you believe is telling the truth) stuff I've ever read on this site. I also believe that this discussion should be taking place on this (RT10 and GTS Discussions) board since it is the most looked at board. The "RT10 and GTS Discussions" board's content, is listed as "For technical and general questions and discussions related to the Gen I/II RT/10, GTS, and ACR Vipers (1992-2002)". Well I consider this topic to be a "General Discussion" of incredible interest. It certainly isn't a discussion about "Performance Mods", it's a discussion about a VCA member's allegation that he was/is being poorly treated by an advertiser on "OUR" site!.. Why do the moderator's move this topic to that board? I am a paying memeber of the VCA and as such consider this my site also. I ask that other members review the "topic in question" and post your feelings (to the board moderators) about where you think that this discussion should be taking place. I have never been a fan of this "NEW" forum's use of "Topics" and much prefered the old system that listed all topics on one thread. This is the first time I thought it appropriate to comment on the issue. If this isn't a "General discussion", what the heck is?

Reaction score
I would have to agree with Paul. These threads would be better placed in "general discussion" or off topic. The subject of HMS's integrity has little or nothing to do with performance mod or racing discussion as I see it.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree. Hennessey Motor Sports is a performance tuner. If you are looking for performance modifications, you go to that forum. If you are considering a tuner, that is the place to look. To rewrite Jim's words, "The subject of HMS's integrity has little or nothing to do with the GTS or RT/10." It has EVERYTHING to do with performance modifications, as that is the business being discussed. With all due respect, I don't see these boards reverting to "one topic fits all". With so many members and such a diverse number of topics, combining everything in one group would be a nightmare. Think of it as an encyclopedia: Would you want to have a book five feet thick to have to leaf through to find the topic you wanted? I don't have the figures, but I would guess that there are well over 200 new posts a day made to these boards. While some of our "old timers" have to learn to look for what they want (it's not a huge book anymore), most of the folks coming on board know to look at the proper forums for the content in which they are interested. Again, all due respect, but you could argue that just about ANY post is Viper-related. It is the job of the moderators to help decide which of the encyclopedia volumes best suits the topic. It ain't perfect, but it is the best system in my opinion.

Chris

PS. And to keep consistent, this one is moving to Off Topic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper