2002 GTS Final Edition Ordering Info- Straight from Dodge!

Fiona McKenna

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From Viper Headquarters:

This memo was recently sent to all Dodge Dealers!

At the Chicago Auto Show last month we announced plans to build a GTS Final Edition model to commemorate the last 2002 Viper Coupes to roll of the line later this year. The coupes, which will represent the last cars ever built on the 2002 Dodge Viper platform, will be the first production Vipers to wear a Viper red with dual stone white striped paint scheme.

The GTS Final Edition is a response to loyal owners who have asked us to do something special to close this chapter of the Viper’s history. Our other limited-availability models, such as the GT2 Championship Edition, have been resounding successes among enthusiasts looking for a piece of American sports car history.

In addition to the special paint striping, a number of other details distinguish the GTS Final Edition. Inside, red-stitched, black leather steering wheel and shift knob are unique to the model, with a numbered dash plaque, distinguishing each individual car in the series. Customers may order the Final Edition model with or without the optional American Club Racer (ACR) performance package.

The Final Edition model will be included in the April 8, 2002 allocation to dealers. TOPS will be open to accept orders effective March 29th. The MSRP for this vehicle will be $76,595. Production will begin in May and run until the start of 2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10 production later this summer or until all orders have been built.

Roger Morgan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Fiona,
Tell them if they make some with the Blue/White combo like 96-97 then they have another sale. I think about half of the red Gts cars in California have the White stripe.
Ready to order if Blue/White

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">The blue / silver stripe raffle car color combo would have been a nice closing color combo. Sorta like bookends with the 1996/7.

</FONT f>

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Roger Morgan:
Hi Fiona,
Tell them if they make some with the Blue/White combo like 96-97 then they have another sale. I think about half of the red Gts cars in California have the White stripe.
Ready to order if Blue/White

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I definitely agree. I've seen MANY Red GTS's w/ white stripes! Many! I would've preferred the 96/97 blue w/ silver stripes myself for the 2002! Haven't seen ANY of those except for the raffle car. Just my personal opinion and .02 -

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RED with WHITE, RED with WHITE, RED with WHITE!

You guys have over 2,800 '96 and '97 Blue with White striped vipers to pick from. We have NO red with white stripes! The color scheme has never been manufactured at the factory, so please stop your complaining and let us have a tiny little 360 red with white stripe GTS's.

If you see so many red with white striped cars out there, it's because it's the best color combo and people have to take things in to there own hands to get that color scheme. If you want more Blue with white stripes, do like all of us red and white fans have had to do in the past..... buy a new viper and take it right to the painters to have it painted.

Give us RED and WHITE!

D A Y T O N A #91 ring a bell?

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cody, 2800 blue/whites?
my understanding was right around 2000, 1100 in 96 and 900 in 97, do I stand to be corrected, ahem, again??
smile.gif

no more blue/whites, going to drive this thing for 20 years and dump her on ebay for 4 times purchase price, hey my banker bought it!!!
smile.gif

keep going with that red hue, it's been around since 97 I think....why stop a good thing!

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I'm a little excited..... it could be around 2,000 Blue and Whites. I'll check the Vin Page.......

Yep, you're right 2,128. Sorry.

Anyway, do you guys mind if we get 360 red and whites? Thanks.

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My request would be that the white stripes go through the license plate openning like the original '96 GTS. Might make it identifiable from the after market striped ones that are out there. It also would be nice if they had something other than the stock wheels so they could be distinguished easily. Just some thoughts....
Bob K

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rick:
If I hadn't been accepted for the Comp Coupe first series, I think I would have purchased one of these gorgeous GTS's. But my wallet can open just soooooo far. Seriously, I agree with the blue and silver stripes. But there's something really hot about the red with white stripes; especially for anyone who gets the ACR version. I'm jealous.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem Rick, just paint your CC red with white! Although I suspect that at least half of them will have this combo...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R