Used Viper inspection checklist?

Buzzzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems like many people buy their Vipers second or third hand. I think it would be useful if there was some kind of checklist that buyers could consult as they inspect a used Viper. I'm talking about a detailed list that the potential buyer could consult while examining the the car, which might alert them to hidden signs of repair or other abnormalities. Quirks that are common and normal for a Viper could also be listed.
This would be particularly useful for those of us who are new to the Viper world, with little or no real-world experience to compare the car against. Does anyone know if such a checklist exists already? Seems like there's definitely enough knowledge in this club to assemble something like that.

- Buzzzz

ggc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is a good article on purchasing a used Viper in the May 2001 issue of Road & Track. It includes the information you need. I also recommend that you call Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse Dodge or Chuck Tator of Tator Dodge. They both frequent this site and are known for their support for present and prospective Viper owners. Look for a posting a week or two ago titled Viper Tech Line or something similar.

Good luck. If you have specific questions post and you will get an answer.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you search my past posts, you should find where I posted a list of things to look at / ask about when determining a price point at which you'd be willing to buy the car - it wasn't detailed in areas like "check the brake fluid to see if it's molasses," but it had other useful things to check out (it was for my rt/10 purchase).

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buzz tried to email you the Road and Track file on things to look for in a used Viper but it was returned, let me know if you want it!

Maybe the filesize was too large, over 2 meg, Sean from MI sent it over and it's chock full 'o' tips.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave