Supra Owner to Viper Owner

cirus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just wanted to say Hi to everyone on the list. I am very excited to be a new owner of a 2000 Black GTS. I have been a supra owner for the last 6 years www.toyotasupra.org and I finally took the next step and bought a viper. I couldn't part with my supra , but I must say the viper is in a whole different league then the supra.

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Preach on the mountain top.

Go tell dmora and the others what reality is.
devil.gif

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if you just got it... then you don't know what your in
for....

Wait for about a couple of months of driving the viper and
not the Supra...

Then take the Supra out...

Please post to the board then and tell us what you realy think
about the Viper/Supra.

Its like magic, and I like it

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
COOL! Let us know what you think about the hp/tq differences and overall ,,...we'd be curious..

Gerald

jrod178

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gerald:
COOL! Let us know what you think about the hp/tq differences and overall ,,...we'd be curious..

Gerald

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually I think the best person to give us an opinion would be Ben Treynor(SP?, sorry). I remember he used to have a pretty impressive Supra that was featured in Turbo Magazine I believe. Maybe he could chime in on this.

OP
OP
C

cirus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THanx all for the welcome. Give me some time and i will post the differences between the too cars. My first opinion is the 2 cars are totally different in almost every way. I was really surprised at how well the handling is on the viper. Like night and day with the supra. My supra has the eibach/kyb combo also.

I will post a follow up soon.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cirus:
I just wanted to say Hi to everyone on the list. I am very excited to be a new owner of a 2000 Black GTS.....I must say the viper is in a whole different league then the supra.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome to Varsity
cool.gif

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TTBADBOY:
I kept my Supra too,Just couldnt part with it.Now I fit in with the yuppies,rednecks,and ricers.
biggrin.gif

Joe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you'd keep the top on that NSX-T down there in sunny Florida you wouldn't get a " redneck "!
" no flame...just observation "

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Cirus- Welcome!

I hope you fully enjoy your Viper.

I never had anything against Supras. They are just a cat of a different color, and both cars need not be compared. Good strong engines in dem Supras, too.

After 8000 miles, I just want to drive my Viper more and more. Before I had one, I was entranced by the Viper. After buying one, I love it even more, its lived up to my expectations. Its great, the most satisfying ownership experience I've ever had, after a dozen cars.

Best regards, Vic

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Snake Pit!!!
I am wondering how long it will be until you trade in your Supra for a RT/10!??
Congrats!!

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vic Rough:
I never had anything against Supras. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

New to the board too Vic? j/k

Cirus, I for one am also dying to hear your opinion on the differences. I'm unfortunately embedded in the econoperformance community and would like to have a kindred ricer to support my opinions of Vipers. Good luck and congrats...