A $230K RT/10 ?

jcochran

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw this RT/10 in person (link instructions are below to see the pics, because I couldn't snag a direct link). I found a saleman and asked him what they wanted for it. When he smiled and said "$230,000", my jaw **** near hit the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~
The pics are at http://www.parkplaceltd.com

Do an inventory search under "1999" and "Viper". Click on the listing for the RT/10 at $230K.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Sure, the flames and dolphins (on a Viper? ICK!) are nicely done, but at a $160K premium? No, thanks.

BTW: Can one of you more experienced posters attach one of those pics to the thread?

James

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
prohydro,

I guess the artist you are talking about is Wyland? He is a pretty popular artist. I guess if he actually painted it and signed it, it would have some collector value, but $230,000.00!!?? Wow! What a rip off.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venom 800....flame car......Venom 800......flame car..... god, it's just too hard to make a choice. Can anyone out there help me? Wait! A venom 800 AND a new 2001 GTS.... or the flame car... gosh, I'll never get to bed tonight.....

prohydro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jcochran, I'm not sure why they have so much ******* in standard Porches and Bimmers...I'm pretty sure though, that the guy who owns Park Place also owns the Deja Vu strip clubs. I haven't seen the F50 there for awhile, and I drive by about once a week. Did they move it, or sell it? I saw it on the road one day for a drive, what a sweet car. They also have a nice steel grey GTS there that I've got my eye on...

And yeah, Wyland was the artist I was thinking of. Why didn't he do something cool on the car, rather than making it look like the guy from "Spawn"?

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen the car in person and it is worse up close....do a chart on the stock ticker INSP...you will see why the 26 year old is selling his car....he has an F50 in there too for sale amongst many other toys....this kid bought everthing under the sun and now has nothing and is frying in that same sunlight....it is an old cliche....but "I would take that car for free....and then sell it"...I could probably make $4.75 on a good day....UGGGGG LEEEEEE

prohydro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wrong, the artist that did the "work" (or damage, as the case may be) is Christian Lassen. Jeez...dolphins...

You must be registered for see images

DWParsons1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know...I know....the guy was driving on the interstate and passed a circus truck carrying a load of elephants - one of whom was taking a dump.

The car owner decided to wash the car and got a bucket of lacquer mixed up with the bucket of car wash solution. The lacquer hardened, permanently preserving the hood poop. (poop in the scoop??)

Rather than sand the car down and start from scratch he had the porpoises painted on to draw the eye away from the lacquered elephant dung.

Someone from the National Endowment for the Arts heard of the car and dropped by to appraise it for a government grant. She used the same government formula developed for the naked woman who performed on stage by dousing herself in chocolate.

The NEA representative came up with the $230,000 price - but explained the appraisal value of the car would have been higher if they had substituted a religious theme for the porpoises.

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr Parsons sir,

I surley hope you are not suggesting that the car is worth more than a naked woman dipped in chocolate.

prohydro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car was specially painted up by some fancy artist from Hawaii, he also has a store in Bellevue Square Mall. If you go in the store, there is a picture of the viper in the back. I don't think it's all that attractive (the flames are horrible)...and definately not worth $160K extra! Park Place has always seemed to have a heavy hand when it comes to markups...but there sure are some nice toys there. Anyone checked out their race prepped Saleen S7 yet?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sean Roe:
I can't believe they did that on "porpoise"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sean, that kind of corny talk is worth banning.

BTW I gotta get around to installing those Delrin bushings sometime. Think I could do it in a day?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Okay, twist our arm, and we will sell you a new one for around $160k less. We also promise NOT TO PAINT ANY DOLPHINS ON THE VIPER AND NO FUNKY FLAMES!!!! To be totally fair, though, we will throw in a can of White Albacore Tuna ( family size ) and a $15 gift certificate to Red Lobster.

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the brakes fixed supposedly.. havent driven it as yet. And am still loking for a buyer..

OP
OP
J

jcochran

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen their Saleen S7 - and it is something to behold in person (got a small pic of it hanging on my office wall corkboard). I'd like to see that beastie in action.

PP does have a lot of nice toys. I make it a habit of going by every few weeks to see what exotics they have in stock (anyone take a gander at the F50 Ferrari and Jaguar XJ220 they have next to the Superformance Cobras?).

They have gobs of "regular" Porsches/Bimmers/MBs/Jags on their space limited lot. I figure they must have something on the order of tens of millions ******* in the stock - or is everything on consignment over there? It seems that everytime I pay a visit, the same old standard stock is there (read: do they ever sell any of these cars?).

James

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey it says $230,000 or best offer.

I'll send in an offer .. say $5,000. An extra drive train and set of wheels would be worth that. The rest I'd donate to JonB & the PartsRack for all his helpful advice, I'm sure that if anyone could turn that mess back into a snake, it'd be him.

Actually it's kind of scary, like some poor unsuspecting viper was suddenly possessed by the spirit of an angry dolphin from hell. Perhaps an exorcism is the answer .. if not, then maybe a sand blaster.

Dave.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe Lassen will just buy it back put it in one of his galleries and call it a write off.. then his reputation can start to mend...At least we would stop talking about his work on this board
laugh.gif

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vipermad:
Originally posted by Intemperate Disposition:
I knew sooner or later the "Vomit Viper" would make another encore on the forum.
dead.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Did you say in the other thread you were 30...or was that 13??? Hmmmm, no matter. It may not be to your tastes, and you are certainly welcome to your opinion...but I'll bet HIS hood isn't cracked!

Oooofff. Now that's mean, Vipercrazy. That low blow is beyond anything Smackie Chan might even run. Bringing up a cracked hood.......ruthless.

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In case any of you missed it (he did post in here, after all) - the owner of that car is REMSTER.... lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62