ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello ViperNation!
Have my viper now for 3 weeks - 800 miles - wooooooooooooow....!
Markus
from Bavaria

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Norman, hi Chuck,
I like the board and it helped me already in making my decision upon buying my (used) viper - a 99 GTS, silver.
BTW, it is harder to "catch" a viper in Germany than some German beer in Florida.
The picture (I'm sorry for the missing fraulein!) shows my
viper in front of a (glacier water) dam in Tyrol (Austria, Alps) near the border to Italy.

I love American cars!

Markus

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Markus,
I was hopeing to be the first to have a Viper in Deutschland, but you got it there first! How does it feel on the Autobahn?
How is she holding up against the Merc and BMW's?

Mike

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Markus,

Did you get a European GTS or have an American one imported? If European, what is the difference from an American one. I hear they are detuned. What do they do to them? Just curious?

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Patrick:
Yes I have a EU-model, which means "less air" into and out of the engine.... bull **** in my opinion, but you know: environment friendly --- Therefore, one of the first things I will do is to replace the intake air elements and hopefully the exhaust pipes... may be a little bit "illegal" in Germany but the engine should breath free and should not be reduced to 385 hp!
But even with the reduced hp driving a VIPER makes a feeling like flying, love, motobiking or altogether???
Markus

F

fazzy

I was always under the impression that the EU model is detuned... until I want to the Frankfurt Motor Show and spoke to the guys at StarTech. They told me that there is no difference between the EU and the US models other than the exhaust and the name, where in EU the car was badged as the Chrysler, and in US a Dodge.

Not thinking much about that at the time, I went back home. Since then I took my car on the dyno and came up with a figure of 367 HP of power and 637 Nm of torque. This corelates neatly with the EU figure, but there is one problem... I have the Canadian model together with side pipes... Upon enquiring at Chrysler as what could be the reason for that, they replied that the difference lies in the method of measuring the car at the factory, where in the US the engine is measured BARE, the EU figures reflect all equipment on the engine, such as alternator, power steering pump, a/c compressor etc.

Well, all that makes you think... doesn't it?

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is more than 2 years ago - for me.

WHAT A BLAST. MET AND GOT A LOT OF NEW (VIPER) FRIENDS IN EUROPE AND OVERSEAS.

WELCOME TO THE VIPERNATION, Slawek! DRIVE SAFE.

F

fazzy

I've got some family in Munich. Maybe next time we go there, I'll let you know. Then we can meet up somewhere :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456