Viper as daily driver??

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not my daily driver, although it does have 15,000 miles in 16 months.

It is a race car, I use it on both drag and roadcourse racing.

It is my weekend car and has NEVER seen a drop of rain.

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know a few guys who use the viper as their daily driver. I don't know about the door dings since the car is mainly fiberglass/plastic. I know when I have to park it I park far away from everyone else.

I used mine twice for drag racing. Then they told me I needed a roll cage, so my drag racing days are done.

I use it as a weekend car and NEVER in the rain (7 months with 1900 miles). When I had to get my new exhaust installed it was raining, so I had it towed down to the garage on a flat bed.

I hope this helps,
ROB

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very difficult avoid the rain during Florida summers. 26K miles and I don't worry about it anymore. Just means I have to wash it more often and hope the drought Nazis don't catch me.

I've dragged and road raced my RT/10. It was "retired" from the tracks when I got my GTS.

The only reason I don't daily drive my RT/10 is because I don't want to leave it in this unbelievable Florida sun. For me, Fridays are "bring your Viper to work day."

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine's a recent daily driver, ~3500 miles in the first month, driven through several torrential downpours. Park away from people if possible, and handily have a covered parking garage with lots of spaces at work so that I can take two away from everyone else. About to take it to the track too.

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
48K miles in a little under three years. I've driven my car through just about everything. I occasionally get wet, but what else would you expect with a "SEASNAKE" tag. I've personally had no bad experiences with people - unless you count the occasional idiot wanting to race in the rain.

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1.Daily driver - 26,000 miles - use it to get groceries, pick up dog food - 2 50 pound bags fit in the trunk of a GTS real well and improves traction real good.

2. Auto cross couple of times a year
3. Open track road course events every chance I get

4. Drive it in the rain - are you kidding! - Every chance I get - the car is fabulous in the wet.

Weekends - every Sunday I turn the car back into the natural showcar that it is. How - top to bottom wash ans a coat of Zaino.

Door dings - I'm fussy where I part it.

Bottom line - this car was designed to be driven often, raced at the track, often. This is the most reliable, lowest maintenance sports car I have ever owned.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the interior but also the exterior. The sun fades the paint. Hopefully all my coats of Zaino act as a sunscreen. Only time will tell.

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ED FLANAGAN:
originally posted by wiseasp:

when I had to get my new exhaust installed it was raining so I had it towed down to the garage on a flat bed.

Rob I hope your not serious and just being a wiseasp
clown.gif

ED

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ed,

I am serious. Jason Heffner who did the job could not believe it. I am pretty anal about my cars. I recently bought a lift for my garage so I can clean and wax the underside of my cars and remove the wheels and clean inside the rims and wheel wells.
BURNOUT.gif

ROB

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use mine as a weekend toy, but would love to drive it more!! I have been caught in the rain twice, and speaking from experience, I do not think the Gen 1 RT is "water tight". (I just carry a towel so it's no big deal). Also, Texas summers would be ****** to deal with..........Kurt

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is my daily driver (except for winter). I take it to work every day rain or shine (well Ok sometimes I take the Harley instead). I'm careful where I park it and I'm very careful about the throttle in the rain. So far, no problems.

I've had mine on the drag strip and beat the hell out of the car. I loved it and so did the Viper. I tried a parking lot autocross and I sucked big time. I was simply way to tentative. Still a bit cautious about all that torque in such a small space.