Mike - in Denver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am new to this Forum. Just picked up my first Viper RT10 on July 4. Kind of a cool thing to do on the holiday. I'm having a blast! My wife gets to keep my 996/911 CAB -- I love that car for going to work, but I was craving some power.

Advice required already -- Any ideas of where I can find a cover that only goes over the windshield and the **** -pit. Something for fast shade in the parking lot when I do not want to add the roof. I saw one a Viper a few months ago but I have not been able to find it in the catalogs. The leather cover that comes with the car took be longer to install than it took the guys in Detroit to build the car.

Final thought for Denver drivers. I was very impressed with the service at Christopher's Dodge -- hands down superiour customer service to the Porshe guys (I pulled my deposit for my Porshce Turbo -- just sick of the attitude).

Bob D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike
I remember seeing your RT/10 sitting in front of Christopher's along with a red/silver GTS.
Have fun !

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
welcome!!!
Nice color!!!
I too hated the tonneau so much i sent it back!!!

Are you going to do any mods to her...
below you can see what i have done....in the near future i will be putting on the EBC dustless brakepads, optima battery and maybe the 5pt harness...
any questions just ask and again welcome
smile.gif

smile.gif

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sharp car!!!!

Congrats on the purchase.

I also vote for the Cockpit cover!
I got mine from JonB at the Partsrack.
It was even a bit less expensive than Woodhouse.

Regards,

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the cockpit cover slaughterj recommended (part # 82202276), it is GREAT, very easy on/off, worth the money. Good luck with your new snake, I got mine on the 4th of July last year.

Scott J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice ride - sure to get some attention! I am also a "newbie" and will be receiving my black GTS in a couple of weeks. You might have thought of this, but if you're just looking for "fast shade," I'd also recommend a low-cost alternative to buying from a catalog as follows: My friend covers his RT/10 with an old cover that he obtained and then modified to fit the exposures that you've noted. His wife actually cut and stitched the cover to look quite nice. Just a thought and perhaps allowing you to save money towards other items for your new toy.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike - in Denver:
Advice required already -- Any ideas of where I can find a cover that only goes over the windshield and the **** -pit. Something for fast shade in the parking lot when I do not want to add the roof. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) "Laurie" has a slightly used one advertised yesterday for about $50...going back to her BMW ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~: (&lt;~

2) Ill gladly ship you one. $89

3) You then get 89 "Frequent Buyer Points" at PartsRack!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper