HELP! I CANNOT REMOVE MY PASS SEAT....

onebadviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cannot get my pass seat to move forward up enough so that I can get to the two rear seat bolts. Looking under the seat on the seat rails, they have stops that will only let the seat slide forward up about 2". HOW DO I GET TO THESE TWO REAR BOLTS?
The drivers seat is fine. It will slide up to allow plenty of room to get behind it to get to the bolts. Also, I cannot get to the bolts from under the seat because it is too low. HELP PLEASE!
Thanks,
Warren

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a way to pop off the bottom seat cushion giving you better access to the bolts, but it's a pain to get back on. I don't remember the process, but somone might read this who remembers.

Robert1994

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your are sorta correct but, if you remove the cushion first,
you can move the seat fore and aft to access the holes
in the seat track that were provided for installation/removal
of said seat (both sides).

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GEN1 There is a wire clip on the very low end, front of the seat frame. Push that wire clip down (not forward) and the pad will be released with a pop. Use a screw driver to pull the clip back in to place when replacing the pad.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
THE YEAR MATTERS........

The solutions presented are for a Gen-I Viper. The poster failed to mention the YEAR, but I suspect Gen1 or he would not be having the problem..............

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a person who has removed his seats many times (it helps to dry out the carpet), the easiest thing to do is unbolt the seat from the brackets, then unbolt the brackets from the car. It's just 4 more bolts and it makes the job much easier.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4