2001 Rear Brake Tip - 2001 owners:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is yet another chapter of "THE YEAR MATTERS" for 2001 Viper owners. You already know that '92-'00 ring/pinion gear kits will NOT work for 2001...right? Don't discover this when rear end is out, ready to swap !!

Thanks to Morgan Reese, Tom Sessions, and Ron Hickey on this:

Now, it is coming to light that the rear brake piston tool for '92-'00 will NOT work for '01 rear pistons. [Duuhh, Jon its a different caliper and piston!] But the time to discover this is NOT when you are changing your rears at the track !

And, the good old "needlenose pliars" tip that works so well for '92-'00 rear pistons does NOT aapparently work for '01. You'll probably want to invest $37 in having the proper 2-piece rear brake tool kit for your '01 car if you do your own pads.

The 1-peice T tool for the '92-'00 is only $15!

[[[[[You can order 'em from Woodhouse, Tom, Wizard, and yes.. PartsRack...... thanks.]]]]]

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info...will get new tool ( "old trusty" 6366 will still have a useful life!!). Fed EX truck just brought another load of Parts Rack EBC Greenstuff pads...I'm getting GOOD at this pad swap job!!
bounce.gif

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AN1313:
I have heard about this article "The Year Matters" in other posts. How can I get a copy? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spring 2001 Issue of Viper Magazine has the story... there are a handful of errors which were corrected in a final draft, that did not get published...but about 150+ items are correct!