Hennessey has problems again re: C&D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a great respect for John Hennessey and what he has accomplished with the Dodge Viper. His name is well respected around North america with Speed and Power and he has increased the prestige of the Dodge Viper. But he should also accept criticism if warranted. If it was true that he was invited to bring his car to the Car and Driver super tuner challenge and he had to decline due to electrical problems then I have to say that it makes him not look as good. Last time he was invited to showcase his car and prove what kind of a machine he created, both his cars had problems most of which was a fire in one of his cars in the 1998 road and track top Speed article with mario Andretti. I think that is embarrasing to him and to a much smaller extent the Dodge Viper. Now he doesn't even have his car ready for the car and Driver competition. I can see having problems during the race but before they have even congregated to the event. John I respect you and please dont take this as me taking *** shots at you but you have to agree that it is a little embarassing with all these problems before or during a competition against other cars. Showcasing your car by itself is one thing. but it is completely different against other cars. Thats when you show what your made of.

OP
OP
T

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to clarify my post about John Hennessey. Like I said before John is an ambassador to all Viper owners and even to the factory for bringing the viper to the forefront of the super sports car world. he has turned the Viper into a Supercar just like calloway has done to the Corvette with his cars. The Corvette is not even close to a supercar but Calloway has edged his name as a step above a regular nothing vette.

That is what Hennessey has become. But to be truthful I bought my ACR because of what the factory was doing in racing. Their success as a racecar and manufacturer made me look at the car where I normally would not have. I also bought a set of headers from hennessey because he has proven that he is not a pretender. he has shown proof of everything he builds and does. he is on magazines and his name has brought the viper more accolades. but he must also endure criticism where warranted. Showcasing your car is one thing. but competing with the competition is where you prove what your made of. To constantly be breaking down on or before major events is not a good endorsement of his business or the dodge Viper. How many times does a magazine do something like this. Not many. He was invited but he had problems. john you are great but you have to clean up your act a bit. These things cannot happen and should not be tolerated by you. For the sake of your business and the reputation of the Dodge Viper.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not see the point at all on your post. You talk bad about a person who couldn't bring a car to a competition? I guess you NEVER had any problems and have met ALL of your engagements throughout your entire lifetime. Let me be the first to say you are trully above all of us. People, do us all a favor and don't respond any further to this "I have nothing better to do" post. There aren't enough 4 letter words to describe you.

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YA GOTTA LIKE OUR CANADIAN BROTHERS!ONE THING I LEARNED ABOUT THEM A LONG TIME AGO DONT LIKE US ONLY OUR TOURIST MONEY!

OP
OP
T

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stop your crap SNAKE EYES. Who said that Canadians don't like Americans you idiot. I travel to new york constantly you clown. I think that Americans are very friendly and i consider them as friends even though a very small minority of them dont feel the same way towards outsiders. I gave my opinion about one man. I also gave him credit for everything he has accomplished which is a lot. Read my post. It said he has been an ambassador to the Viper. Does that mean he is perfect. No it does not. He should be able to accept praise and criticism just like the president of the USA. His record is not perfect in competition. He had a fire the first time in 98 and now before the competition starts his car has problems. That is a fact. I want to see him be the best and blow every other car away. I also own a VIPER and I race it at Mosport or wherever else so i want to see the Viper be the best whether it is Archer, Oreca or Hennesey.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SNAKE EYES YOU LOSE!:
YA GOTTA LIKE OUR CANADIAN BROTHERS!ONE THING I LEARNED ABOUT THEM A LONG TIME AGO DONT LIKE US ONLY OUR TOURIST MONEY!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HEY STEVE SEGAL..... MY APOLIGIES TO U BROTHER!GUYS LIKE TORONTO ACR JUST KILL ME WITH THIER MONDAY MORNING QUARTER BACK THINKING.LET THE TORONTO ACR FLASH TRY RUNNING A TUNING BUSINESS OR ANY BUSINESS FOR THAT MATTER THEN HE CAN BE QUALIFIED AS A CRITIC.UNTILL THEN IN ONE EAR OUT THE OTHER.SORRY FOR MY GENERALIZATION OF ENTNIC CLASSIFICATION GROUPING.BEST REGARDS!NORM KOERNER

singlemd4u

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regular nothing Vette? i own a 97 GTS and a 2001 vette. I love them both. they aare both great cars. maybe the viper is faster and better looking but the vette only a step behind aand 25 thousand dollard cheaper. barry

Status
Not open for further replies.