New RT/10 Owner. Battery location???

pacethat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have just bought my first Viper (1995 RT/10, 16k Miles) and am ready to get it running (it got punched in the nose
smile.gif

There wasn't any frame damage and the engine would appear unaffected. I cleaned it up last night and it sure is pretty
smile.gif
Today I tried to start it so I hooked power to a positive lead (which leads me to ask, where is the battery physically located in this car?). As soon as I did, the alarm went off, so I unarmed it with the button. I then tried to start it a few times, but it would not even try to turn over. Is this maybe still an ignition kill from the alarm, or should I look into other systems to get it running (any ideas?).
Also, saw the Viper Club registration is $100/yr. What benefits would I get from registering? Quite obviously, I am an newbie, so any suggestions/comments are appreciated.
Thanks
Josh Meeks

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can offer some help. Your battery is located behind the drivers side rear tire. There are some screws that are holding on a cover, which needs to be removed before you can actually see the battery. Yes, it's a pain and you do have to remove the rear tire as well!!
frown.gif

There are many other alarm experts on the board, but it does sound like the alarm needs to be reset after the battery checks out okay.

DO JOIN the VCA!!! I don't know where you live, but here in Texas, we have a very active VCA (read fun events, track time, etc.) Let me know how I can help.
smile.gif

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JOIN the NC VCA!!!

We have a great group of folks that are into everything imaginable - drag racing, road racing, spectating, car shows, etc. etc. etc. We try to have an event a month - July was busy - we had 3! - Dyno Day, Tech Session, and Viper Days. 6 times a year newsletters, Viper Magazine, VCA Notes, this BOARD. Discounts at many suppliers.

JOIN! Join! Join! Do it today.

Print the application off this website, fax it in, then email me with your info, including VIN, year, color, etc. and I'll add you to our mailing list!

Enjoy and Welcome!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From my short experience so far, NC VCA is worthwhile, and if you plan to be over in the Triangle, feel free to drop a message for a meet!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets