The Glen (Long)

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, where to start again. This place was beautiful. I thought Virginia scenery was beautiful, leaves are already begining to change colors. The drive through the mountains was beautiful Arrived Saturday afternoon and met up with Ct & Penny and Chris & Greg. Watkins Glen is a neat little town. Great Vineyards, A beautiful National Park and alot of history. Names of famous drivers on the stones of the sidewalks representing drivers who had raced in the streets when there wasn't a track. All day Saturday and Sunday we were checking in with Skip at Sebring to find out results of the racers.
Sunday evening arrived at the track to drop of rig and mingle, this track was huge. The scenery around the track was also gorgeous. I started to wonder how I was going to focus on the track itself. Sunday Night was great lot's of people arriving at the track, we all left the track and sat around a huge bon fire and talked about racing and really getting to know everyone who came. It was a great time and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.We had a few night caps and smores and called it a night.
Monday morning finally came arrived at the track at 6:00am to begin preparing my car for the track.I have to tell you I can't imagine finding a group of more dedicated people to Viper Days than our vendors and the people who put on the show. Keith Archer drove 30 hours for two days worth of sales. Skip,John, Bruce, Archer, Rhonda, Jeff also arrived at 1:30am that morning to be at the track the next morning at 6:00am. Thank you all that were involved. CT,Tracy,Penny you guys are the best.
I had a great time on the track, it was incredible the horsepower and braking oh my god. I went through a set of pads after two sessions. As always everybody there was helpful as usual. Thanks to Sonny Wheelen, Teddy, Eddie and there ringer (Chris- Professional Race Driver). Don and Jamie who helped put on my brake shoes. Sonny by the way I heard about your times after I left and about the Gdyrs and how you removed your transponder. You are a gentleman.You drove the car like you stole it. I feel sorry for the West Coast Guys look out for Sonny Wheelen. There were alot of great drivers this past couple of days Jim Stout (thanks for the ride), Sam Kelly, Jeff Johnson and Rhonda. It is always a pleasure to be at Viper Days with my other family. Thomas Family thank you for all the fun any one person can handle. If you have not experienced Viper Days you are missing out.
Bruce hope your feeling better than you were Monday night at the Bon-Fire.

SAM Team

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bernie,

Thank you for your friendship, your guidance and your support. With guys like Sonny, Ted and yourself I am only going to get better with each event, boy have we come a long ways since VIR.

The Watkins Glen event is one that will be in my mind for some time to come. Bruce with everything I have learned from you at the Bon Fire I am ready for anyone....

Viper Days is almost like a drug, I cannot wait until the next one. I really mean it I just have to work in the mean time.

Skip, Courtney, Traci, Penny, Tammi and Bruce - GREAT EVENT!

Skip at Viper Days

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watkins Glen should be on everyone's list of must drive tracks!! It is truly incredible. The food was great, the weather outstanding, the track time for all was basically open track!! The Bonfires were great and will be added where possible and the new and old friends were good to be with.
Hope to see new friends at Las Vegas, NV in two weeks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth