Squeaking viper

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have about 5,000 miles on my GTS. I was driving out in the country and at about 45 mph, the car squeaks like it has a bad ball joint? I speed up and it goes away.

Any Ideas?

G man

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary Lamont:
...I was driving out in the country and at about 45 mph, the car squeaks like it has a bad ball joint? Any Ideas?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have an idea: Bad Ball Joint !

Fix: DON'T DRIVE 45 !

JUST KIDDING!!

You need to loacalize it better. Front? rear/ Left? Right? Function of road condition? While straight and lavel? while turning? While braking, or will braking STOP it?

Try to cause the sound, ie cruise at 45 and duplicate it. Then, steer smothe arcs and see it it changes. Hech, it just mighgt be a hood squeeking against a headlight or cowel

OP
OP
S

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like the squeak is coming from the front driver sode (of course every noise sounds like it does because I have my window open listening for it with my head out the drivers window) What I have noticed is my hood is getting a hole worn in it from where it hits in the engine bay. Maybe that is squeaking?

Ill try to locate it better. Of course, its a big sloppy american car so a squeak and rattle is to be expected. As long as its still has 10 STRONG cylindes under it im OK.