HOLD ON!! the Viper Drag Racing Championship this weekend In TEXAS!!

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok guys this is it, we have been quiet for a few weeks but now things are coming together. doing some looking around I have determined that we may have as many as SIX cars that all run in the 9's in the Unlimited class this Sunday. The Prize money looks like a good $4000 between the classes. Remember we have a stock class, Modified 1, Modified 2 and Unlimited(look below for what you fit in), along with trophies for best reaction time and Highest MPH. I will be posting pictures of the Trophies that Jim from James Engravers was kind enough to give us a deal on. these Trophies are worth $2300 dollars alone. these will not be the regular Bowling Trophies that you may receive if you decide to race your Viper at some other event this weekend
tongue.gif
. I have put out an invite to all who want to attend the Smack Down Dinner and Comedy Show Saturday night at the RiverCenter Comedy Club on the Riverwalk in SanAntonio (7PM). Set to appear, at the smack down dinner ALL CAPS NORM, Albert "south Texas Death Ride", Mark "its just an OL Gen I" 9secRT, the TEXAS TUNA,Jason "I need a deal" Fontenot, Steve "I am new to this" U, Jim form NY, Nase "it my Birthday and I coming to kick yalls *** " JR(really it is his birthday, but I don't know about that second part.) BTW thanks to the NJ Club and Nase for contributing $750 to the Unlimited jackpot, and other celebrities from this board which want to remain nameless at this time. if you need hotel info please check out houstonviperclub.com if you have any questions email me at [email protected] or call me at 281-6502574
Don’t Forget Viper Nation, 2 Drag Racing Events this weekend, we will all compare the numbers together on Monday.

Here is some details about the classes:
Stock= K&N on Radials only ...Thats it!
Mod1= Bolt on, on Radials with no power adders (no NOS!)
Mod2= Bolt on, Radials or slicks(NOS Ok, turbos, superchargers) no quicker than a 10.49 E.T.
Unlimited= "run what ya brung" as long as its a V-10
ALL Classes will have Trophies for 1-3rd along with prize money.
$100 for Vipers to race, $30 for Vettes and $10 to watch. Gates open at 10am Rivercity Raceway exit 597 I-10
BURNOUT.gif

FYI 0% chance of rain with low’s in the 60’s and the High of 81

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PARTSRACK will donate a $100 Coupon as a "HARD LUCK AWARD"
By vote of the organizors, who has the WORST luck at the event gets our $100 Coupon! [ May the worst luck of the event simply be losing by redlight by .001.........]

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<u>Drad</u> \'drad\ conj 1: Drag racing amongst cars so Rad that it can only be described by the conjunction "Drad".: see also HAUL ASP. Not to be confused with the term dragnet which is a device employed by highwaymen in parts of occupied Mexico north of the Rio Grande to harrass undocumented gearheads out with their Snakes [see Fontenot, Albert et. al)].<u>a</u>

OP
OP
P

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for the "hard luck" $100 Gift Certificate jon! if you are the lucky one to win this prize you will also receive a small trophy with a horse's *** on top and get to buy dinner that night.
and Thank you Paul for the come back on my spelling error!DRAD?!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Prashant:
Ok Jon, how's that? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One of my proudest trophies is the "HARD LUCK AWARD" I was given when my 10-day old Viper blew its coolant hose --twice-- while pacing races at PIR. Embarassing. Kind of a ***** prize.

So, PARTSRACK will donate a $100 PartsRack coupon ($$ off purchases at PartsRack)...."Hard Luck Award" ....... but I hope no one has any REAL oil-and metal-parts-down-the-track bad luck! So, I hope the worst bad luck is simply a really close redlite!

Reaction score
You can always leave it up to the Houston Viper Club to throw the best Viper meetings around.... Let's see who can try and out do this Houston Club. Hat's off to Prashant "Those Aren't My People" Patel for one hell of a job!!!!

OP
OP
P

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are you talking about Jeff? you will be in the Mod 2 class with other Stroked cars. and I have also set up some sort road course with some cones in the parking lot to make you fell more at home.

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cones? Cones in the parking lot at the drag strip? Prashant, you're my hero!
smile.gif
Ellison........ Yea baby!!! It looks like we CAN do laps!!!!!
laugh.gif

My slow, old, beat up road racer is prepped and on the trailer tonight. FUN is just a few days and 300 miles away! Should be to the La Quinta by 4-5pm on Saturday. Me and several other North Texas people will need a ride to the Riverwalk that night if someone has an extra few seats. See y'all SOON!

patriotx.gif

OP
OP
P

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its is ON!!!, I few of our Texas boys went to go practice last night, they all had No Display orders so no one really knows about the times, we are glad that the nase's at coming down to spread the knowledge. NO really big action last night.... but I will tell you this folks SW ran something like a 9.8 at 154!!!!! in his Supra?!

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I look forward to meeting everyone at the track on Sunday. Prashant - thanks in advance for putting together what looks to be the event of the year!

I hope to have my car back together for the next event and to participate in laying down some Smack.

Anthony

Dave Golder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I can't wait for the smackdown to commence! Should be a wild time with all the last few days happenings. Looks like the Cup car is going to be a no show as my trailer and car are here but the Tow Rig is in California.

Our Buddy CAPS VILLAGE PEOPLE KOERNER managed to rent about every hauler within a hundred miles to bring his toys out. Rumor has it that ****** Prashant is buying a round of "smokers" for everyone in attendance. My cellmates Jason and Albert will be ready and we all know High Dollar 9 SEC R/T will show up crying like a baby about how slow is car is and then try to lay down some smack! It's a good thing for him cuz I thing the cup car could have miled an hour up there near High dollars car. Throw in M.B.Wilks and S.W. and the out of towners that are nice enough to show up we will have a Killer Party! It's a shame the wusses from Florida will be sitting at home with the umbrella's talking about how fast their cars would have been.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Gotta love it!

Reaction score
Yes, well be ready, just got the rear end in last night. So far I have heard everyone is almost ready. I haven't talked to the boys at TNT, but drove by there place earlier today and they were all outside lighting candles.

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just pop o the wheels of your pit bike Jeff. Your front end is never going to touch the ground after you launch anyhow...

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This ain't Stevie Ray Vaughn but I'm a singin' the blues. I chose to stay in El Paso and watch my boy finish up a big high school golf tournament, then the team and I went and played a fun round before our plane left that evening. So I didn't get home until midnight and I bailed out on the drive to San Antone (5 hours). Looking forward to living vicariously when the reports start to hit this evening. Sorry to my many buds I'd hoped to see there, as well as many others I had looked forward to meeting. (Shillinger, I still owe you a beverage!)
crying.gif

cool.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456