Service in Chicago area

Sam Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After almost 4 yrs. and 14k miles (97 RT/10) I want to do a complete fluid, preventive maintainence program. Have only had a fuel pump problem in all this time and it still runs great. Who in Chicago area would anyone recommend as being honest and do the right things?

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam, I think you will get a lot of different responses. Everyone here has had good and negitive responses from almost all of the dealers in Chicago land. I take mine to Schaumburg Dodge on Golf road. I just had all of the fluids changed, trans, brake, coolant, etc. just so I know that the car is right. I had no issues, cost $400.

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright, I gotta chime in. Steve is a great guy, but he has lost his mind on this one.
laugh.gif
I would avoid Schaumburg Dodge like anthrax. Roanoke is the best bar none. If the same tech (Gary?) still works at Sunnyside in McHenry, then they are pretty good too. The service manager is a ****, but the tech was good. My $.02.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chime-boy, I know. Maybe they are trying to make up for all of the extra miles they put on Bob's car
smile.gif
and the overcharging they've done to all of the others in the past....

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chime-boy, LOL!

Sam, not sure if you had to go to a dealer specifically but Bill Sampognaro (Ill VCA race director) and his brother Rick have a facility in Flossmoor Il. It's located on Flossmoor road, between Western ave and Governors Hwy. (708-481-9560) Bill is one of the few people that I would trust to work on my car.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I go to Joe Gentile 847-381-7500.It's a small dealer,Tom burek been servicing vipers since 95'.There not busy, no chance of porters driving the snake.You'll feel U own the place.All the mechanics are diehard car buffs and love the viper.When done you'll get a wash if you want,car will stay inside the service dept.Probably the closest to you.Their body shop down the street has repaired several viper's paint, absolutly flawless.

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TOOOFST:
When done you'll get a wash if you want,car will stay inside the service dept.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

&lt;Chuck passes out&gt;

farrbar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Go with Roanoke (if you want a dealer). It is a great drive with Snake (2hrs from downtown). I think they can also pick-up and drop off (for a fee$).

It is worth the trip just to see his inventory. I took my 01 down last thursday and I think they had 25 or more Vipers around. Including a new 92, a GTS-R and some others.

Not to mention, I think the hourly rate is significantly lower than the chicago dealers.

If you don't care if it a dealer or not, try SVS or the Sampangaro's as they are real Viper lovers, and really know the cars.

Just my opinion.

-Rob