Is Green okay??

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want a great deal on a green RT/10 check out the classifieds on this site. The Past President of SoCal VCA is putting his up for sale, and the price is great. Certaintly worth checking out.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How good of a deal is it, if you don't mind me asking? Remember what they say about deals that are too good to be true!

Mike

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Green is a very handsome color, obviously not as eye-catching as red, but shows the bodyline and contours more than than black. I'm always surprised at how many people comment on the color (and these are simple "wow, great color" not "wow, it's not red like all the others...")

But I may be biased.

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a Polo Green ZR-1 and one day passed a Viper sporting a very similar color. I absolutely fell in love with the car and at that moment decided I had to have a Viper. When I was in the market (I'm impulsive so I wasn't "in the market" very long), none were available. I settled (if you can call buying any Viper settling) for a silver ACR instead, but still feel that Viper Green is one of the classiest and most distinctive colors ever offered.

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm striving after a green one! Not the same red as most of them.. and a departure from black. Boy do they look good w/ that interior as well!

Few more months... man I can't stand it!

James

Hockeysnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As long as the VIN# is NOT 1B3BR65E0RV102020. That is a Green 94 with silver stripes and was salvaged in an accident where the driver was killed.

A Carfax is not enough research either. Trust me on that. Good Luck.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know of a perfect green in Illinois. It has had two owners, and both were too busy to ever use the car for anything more than an occasional cruise. Let me know if you need any more info.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I miss my greenie (95) tremendously-mostly cause of the color. I still have a "diamonds of the road" poster in my house to remind me. It even looks better with a tan interior (mine was grey). You will not regret green.

LTHL-GRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As Jon (jmcguire, and thanks for the compliment) posted I have an emerald green pearl '95 RT w/ tan interior. I wanted a yellow or red Viper, I wanted an RT, I wanted sidepipes, I wanted a '95. I had my mind set on a tan interior no matter what. I never considered green till I saw the one I bought. The tan interior makes all the difference, IMO. The green looks like a solid color in pics and in person in the shade, but in direct sunlight its sort of a turquiose or teal with a lot of metallic pearl. Pictures don't do it any justice.

I got it for less than what a '95 red or yellow w/tan interior and the same mileage would have cost, which more or less cinched the deal for me; a rare, stunning color combo at a discount, yippee! BTW, I see from this site that 307 '95 greens were built, anybody know how many with tan interiors?

What I like more about the subtle color is the double takes I get. Like they aren't sure and then... "It's a Viper, dude!" I am sure all dark colored Vipers would agree with this. With my Prowler (yellow) I got *more* looks, but the Viper gets looks of respect... My first choice however would still be yellow.

JT

Gear Grabbn Gary

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 95 green with gold stripes and love it. When I go to a viper event it normaly is the only green viper there. As several others have stated, the color is rare and I have always felt it draws its own special crowd. If you like the green car-go for it. Also I have not noticed any difference in pricing reguardless of color. Good Luck and enjoy.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
go for it green and yellow RT/10's from 94 are rare.I've seen a couple of them and mostly my 2 favroite colors.BTW if you do get it get the lettering on the sides and back in gold or silver it looks cool.