Comp Coupe - Now Available for Anyone???

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I to understand that the new Comp Coupe is now available for anyone to purchase? No race license necessary???

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I'm glad you brought up the subject! Many Viper owners think that the plan was to sell them only to those that meet ALL of the criteria mentioned on the compcoupe website.

On the contrary, ALL are welcome to submit their "credentials", even if some of the criteria is not met.

The bottom line is Dodge wants those that are going to be most active in racing (read: visibility) to get first crack at these babies...

so, yes, if you've got all the criteria met .. your chances are obviously better than those that do not... but

this shouldn't discourage those with less than 100% criteria from applying for purchase.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to add one more thing that many may have over looked. If this is something you want, fill out the paperwork, send it in with your check, and call of Skip at Viper Days and find out what you need to complete in order to get a competition license. Send Skip a check for that commitment, and copy it and send it along with your other required material to Viper Headquarters. Now once they get through the professional racers, they can start filling orders for the casual racer. I mean what could be better, a Viper dedicated for the street and one exclusive for the track!

Wort case scenario, you never get a VCC but you get to have a blast getting your license!