New Performance Engine Controller?

Reaction score
I received my new October issue of Mopar Performance News yesterday and started reading a article entitled "Maximum Viper Venom". Essentially the article dealt with Viper crate motors for non Viper instillation. However, as I read along, I noted at the top of page 19 in the upper right corner..."For "96-'97 production Vipers, the final piece is the high performance engine controller (P5007721)". It is designed for use with da de da de da etc high performance equipment. "Designed for racing! More spark and fuel! For Viper vehicles only!"

Having never seen this number, I checked with parts, and the number is good. Priced at about $500 Retail. No current availability was indicated. Does anyone have any input on what I believe to be a new controller for the '96/'97 Vipers?

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Hay Ron, I'm not to sure that a controller that features "more spark & fuel" is going to cure your "rich running". If it is any consolation, mine runs rich too, but then it's a Hennessey car. Better little rich than to lean!

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If memory serves (and at nearly 50 we all know how frail it is) I believe there were posts from folks that had installed an "upgrade" - done dyno tests to find hp and torque dropping off rather than the expected increases.
I would have a chat with Sean Roe - he can set you staight.

Double Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For what it's worth department.

We use these exclusivley for our Cobras and Streetrods. The immediate differences are "removed" circuits. For example, there is only two circuits for 02 sensors, instead of the normal 4.

There is also no, let me repeat that NO out let / circuit for the transmission speed sensor. (We have been told they are re-working this little problem.) From what we can determine the idle circuit has been modified somewhat but as far as "more fuel and timing" I have no idea.

We will be dynoing our latest Cobra, but the results will not be comparitive to the PCM alone. (The motor has TNT's upgrade head and intake package.)

However on an unfair comparison, our last Cobra dyno'd at 427.0 rwhp. I'm not sure this is due to the PCM, or our air intake system and special header systems we make, or simply a combination of all three.

It does maintain the "Battery temperature sensor" for what ever reason ???

If you have any particular questions, I'll be glad to try and answer them.
DV

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sheyster:
Sean,

Anyone using the VEC1 with Nitrous?

Thanks.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, and with success.
Do a search of the message board for VEC and nitrous.
Please remember, there is a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee which gives you time to evaluate it yourself.

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a VEC1 on my 650R and it works great! Gave me ~12RWHP and 15 Ft lbs torque.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
1) That MPP computer was "softly withdrawn" a few months ago. That MPN article is probably that aged. It developed SQUAT HP but was error-code-friendly in 2000-2001, due to numerous pages of removed progarmming, as Ed Combs relates. If you had a LOT of motor mods, it added 5-10HP.

2) The NEW replacement PCM-ECU is 6 mos + behind sked. I hope SEMA attendees cn beat-em-up, but i do NOT expect the revised PCM til 2002. It promises 15HP

3) The ONLY device that has regularly proven to deliver 5-15 across the board HP, regardless of mods, is the Roe VEC-1.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sheyster look @TOOOFST Dyno results,VEC1 makes power with or without NOS.Anyone want a dyno fax copy call Scott@ Westlake welding 847-657-8689.I'd still buy the led gauge(looks cool) from Sean,even if you don't need the juice.

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke with several computer/software guys at SEMA. Things sound promising. Only a couple didn't want anything to do with it. One company just took delivery of an early SBEC from a former MP guy and they're gonna' start trying some programing. They are local so I'm going to give them anything they need to make this happen. No doubt it will be 6 months to a year. dj

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456