Import to Sweden?

mayo_pasco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is there anyone here onboard that has imported a Viper to Sweden?

In that case what documents are needed for the same and where to obtain them?

total cost of the duty, registration fees and VAT?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Search This Site !

"JP The Swede" has one of the fastest cars in Sweden!

In Roback

Rare1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no real problem involved. The car has to meet US regulations regarding smog system (exhaust). Only modification necessary, if the car doesn´t already have it, all lights lenses have to conform to EU-regulation, meaning they have to be marked with the letter E.
The turnsignals must show orange lights and parking lights may not be orange!
In order to have it registered you need a verified copy of the US Title, Invoice to show value of car, if you do not want to accept the value Customs will decide, and invoice/receipt for Freight cost from US to Sweden.
Cost involved is 10% import duty, plus 25% VAT on the total value: Value of car + freight cost + import duty. To round it off there is some minor registration costs of Approx. USD 150,-
However, if you are moving to Sweden permantly and have owned and used the car for at least 6 months the car doesn´t have to conform to the above light regulations and you do not have to pay any Duty or VAT, only the Registration fees.
That´s basically it!
Mikael

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year I shipped a 2000 Model Prowler to Europe, It cost me approximately 2000 usd to ship and then the import and custom costs were paid by the person buying the car. The car took about 30 days from time of departure to time of arrival. Good Luck.

OP
OP
M

mayo_pasco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All, thanx for the input.

I'll see how things work out regarding tax issues and will decide how to proceed with the import of my car.

Mikael, did you import yours to Sweden? Where do you live?
I have been in Houston for almost two years and is relocating to Saudi and thought I would keep my cherished baby in Sweden, Kristinehamn.

Rare1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I have imported several cars from USA to Sweden, and I live in Stockholm. Mail me if I can help you with anything else!
Mikael

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper