Squeaky Brakes

Bhuns16

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am a new owner of a '96 GTS. Does anybody know anything about these cars having a problem with squeaky brakes. Mine squeak all the time. Is this common? Does anybody know a fix?

Thanks for any info.
Brandon Hunsinger
'96 GTS Blue w/white stripes

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy answer is yes they do all squeak, you can switch to pads that are less squeaky but I can't remember which ones they are, check the archives and past posts in the Search function part of the site, this topic was discussed not too long ago.

Craig.
P.S. what are the last 3 #'s in your vin?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
They all squeak (speaking for the 5 in our garage)!!! You might try a search here for a recent thread about this topic...and about EBC Greenstuff pads...In our experience, these pads cured squeal, though less dust was MY personnal goal. Of the7 sets that I/we have installed at our house...NONE squeal...NOTE we paid a lot of attention to "roughing up" or deglazing the rotor surface as RECOMMENDED by EBC...EVEN if you have only a few miles on car. Try the "search", a lot more info contained therein.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because my dad's is # 370, I just have a habit of asking all 96 GTS owners/check all 96's I see to see if they are # 369 or 371.

Just some sort of quest of mine.

Craig

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There is "NORMAL" squeeky, and there is "ABNORMAL" squeeky.

Please E-me or call to discuss the differences.

The EBC-Green fix is for the normal-customary brake squeek. As a bonus, there is 90% less brake dust. And great braking. Furher bonus: 35% of OEM pad prices !

COMMERCIAL MESSAGE: I'd like to sell you a set and provide the advice you need. Please call or email. THANKS !

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Craig 201 MPH:
Because my dad's is # 370, I just have a habit of asking all 96 GTS owners/check all 96's I see to see if they are # 369 or 371.

Just some sort of quest of mine.

Craig

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Craig,

I'm number 490. An easy number to remember. Not one of the ones you are looking for, but I just thought I'd let you know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper