Anyone Experienced Any Interior Peeling?!?!

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has experienced any interior peeling or chipping on the housing for the front windshield?
The housing piece, on the inside of my car, that goes around the front glass, seems to be chipping. In more than one place. I took it into Archer Dodge to have it fixed & they're telling me that the piece alone is $6,000.00. I was like, "Great..Get to work" because I knew I didn't cause it!! They're saying now that it doesn't look like a warranty issue!
confused.gif
The Service Mgr is having someone from Chrysler come out to look at it this week. They seem to be giving me a hard time, like they don't want to honor my warranty because of the cost of the job. They asked me, "Who else drives the car but me?" I was thinking, "If you only knew how I felt @ this car, you wouldn't even ask me that." Any advice would be appreciated.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF you are talking about the part I think you are...they surely won' replace it. It's the windshield frame, and I doubt that you would want it replaced anyway. I would think that re-painting this part would be the best bet. It's gonna be a nightmare to mask. Do it yourself...take your time...the dealer will surely make a HUGE mess out of this. My .02.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt:

That's the exact piece that I'm talking about! Why won't they replace it? It seemed like the hotter it got here during the summer, the more it would chip. Never seen anything like it.