2002 RAFFLE CAR now selling 2002 tickets up from 1500????

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just received my raffle letter...

what is the extra $50k for??

what a sweet car though...... I bought my Viper used because I had to have the blue with white stripes.....

less of a chance to win, but I'm still in....

Brooks

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could someone please post a description of the raffle car for those of us who haven't received our letters yet?

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">I assume this is a one of a kind color combo in 2002? If so, it sounds pretty compelling to me.... in fact very compelling!</FONT f>

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I faxed my order in this afternoon
smile.gif

Bought 2 tickets
smile.gif
Seeing that they are now selling 2002 instead of the standard 1500. But what an awesome car. Praying for a winning ticket.

Faxed in the order in fear of them being sold out early.

I suggest that everyone keep a close eye on the mailbox, don't want miss this letter!
smile.gif

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mayasa,
the letter just gives the specs as posted and states the raffle will be feb 14th 2002 at 1130am
and ticket request would have to be in no latter than jan 31 2002
you can mail or fax in the form.

so i dont have a scanner or i would post the letter.

you should have it hopefully tomorrow, i would think.

jim

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yes, the VCA did increase the tickets to 2002 as we sold out SO quick last raffle that we wanted to make sure everyone got a chance this time (yes we know this "hurts the odds a bit)...but the car is also AWESOME!!!!!

2002 tickets in year 2002! For an unbelievably rare, hot ACR COUPE in original Viper Blue with silver stripes! WOW!

Yes, ONE OF A KIND, FACTORY BUILT, COLOR COMBO!

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
VCA membership is based on a standard calendar year (all memberships expire Dec 31), and must be renewed annually.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please remember that this is also a fundraiser. So in order to cover the additional costs for the added features, still turn a nice profit for the VCA, and to make sure our growing member base had a shot at getting a ticket, the only choice was to increase the number of tickets available.

Hey, for $100 you get a CHANCE at a unique, one-of-a-kind Viper. That has to be worth the price and odds being offered.

Ken Larsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just one problem. I need to start coming up with reasons why I need two vipers. For some reason the wife just dont understand. Got any suggestions?

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph Houss:
Yes, the VCA did increase the tickets to 2002 as we sold out SO quick last raffle that we wanted to make sure everyone got a chance this time (yes we know this "hurts the odds a bit)...but the car is also AWESOME!!!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its ok to have more tickets, but you guys should have lowered the price per ticket.
my .02

tmcalist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell her you need the other Viper to deliver food to the sick and shut-ins. I know it does not have a lot a space, but you can get to the houses much quicker than using a van.
Now I know where 2 of the 53 97 RT/10s are (I have one).
cool.gif

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FikseGTS:
just received my raffle letter...what is the extra $50k for??
Brooks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brooks.....Id like to know what the FIRST $150K is for, besides buying the car at a deep discount ! This is raffle # 3, plus $150K or so from GT2-051 Auction. Must be about $300k in planned raffle cars alone to VCA?

I should pay better attention to my VCA minutes I suppose? Dodge is spending less on VCA than in the good-ole-years... VCA needs the funds to help w/ VOIs, Regionals, etc.

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Right on the money Jon! Along with keeping something in the bank for additional raffles, we now have been allocating funds for regional and zone events (Zone rendezvous last year were heavily subsidized by National Funds), Charitable causes (our very successful Red Cross decal), and plenty of future events! Stay tuned!

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug asked:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Is this tax deductible?????? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I said:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Yup, it sure is. Your ticket is your receipt.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My mistake. I thought it was since the VCA was a non-profit organization

OP
OP
F

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon..... I agree.... I didn't see anything on the flyer about what the money goes towards......

if they wanted more tickets to be available, thats fine, increase the number of tickets and lower the price....

as for covering the cost of additional features... what additional features have been added over the RT/10 ACR that amount fo $50,000.00?

without an explanation to the ticket increase on the flyer, AND since the last raffle was so successful, AND having another raffle so quickly.... it does appear greedy....

Brooks

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Greedy? ALL the money WILL get funneled back to events, goodies, services and plain 'ol fun ideas that will enhance your VCA membership. C'mon now! We're a non-profit entity! ALL the officers are volunteers. ALL our revenue has to be used on YOU, the VCA members....and it will!

The odds are STILL awesome! ..and this special car DID, in fact, incur additional expenses (which your National Officers didn't want to bother you with).

$100 VCA donation for a 1 out of 2002 chance for a car that's probably worth $100K plus? Try to find THAT in the back of AUTOWEEK!

Good luck to all, someone is going to win one heluva AWESOME SNAKE!

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this tax deductible??????

I dont see how? It is a raffle for a prize not a contribution.
If it turns out to be true that it is tax deductible i will by more. I think i need to call the accountant today. Unless some who is an accountant can chime in.

thanks
JIM
smile.gif

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
You've missed the point:

No, your ticket is not tax deductible (is there an accountant out there?). I was using the term "donation" in the philosophical vein. The net proceeds for the raffle go to the VCA treasury, which in turn, leads to all the great stuff mentioned above.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess the good news is that if you were READING VCA Notes then you go the first benefit of the raffle. Yes, VCA Notes gets it's funding from the raffle. The second benefit was the VCA paying for the cost to have factory Viper's at each of the Regional Rendezvous this year. The third is to have the funding available to help keep this site up and running when certain programs and equipment do not fall into the budget. And the most important one is to make sure that the VCA can keep functioning in the event that Dodge could no longer supply the funding it currently does.

As for the additional Cost: The RT10 ACR cost no more than the same RT10 you could buy at your local dodge dealer. Why? Because there is no price set up in the system, and no way to even order one. So let's just say that again Dodge came to the plate and never noticed the additional features. You may be aware that there is a GTS ACR? Since this is the case, the VCA has to PAY FOR IT!

Now if I recall, no one REQUIRES you to purchase a ticket. So if you do not like the odds then don't participate. The objective is to provide VCA MEMBERS with an opportunity to get unique and rare pieces of Viper History. If you can not justify the cost to participate then fine. But do you have to belittle all the work that some have gone through to actually get his project up and running?

Now for the timing issue: When we finally got approval to hold raffles one of the criteria was to make sure that we only did so with "special" Viper's. Well as you can see, all of the ones that have been raffled have all been special and unique in there own way. Since we are at a very special time in the Viper legacy (the launch of the new and the end of the beginning) the VCA has been fortunate enough to negotiate a few special Viper's. So if you feel this is over-kill then I personally apologize for asking that Dodge help us to achieve this goal. But the reality is that in the coming years we will be hard pressed to continue having unique and special Viper's which would meet this criteria. So we either take advantage of the times and do what we can, or we just sit back and let the opportunity slip away.

So if you feel that individuals spending thousands of their own personal money to get these raffles in place is not the way to go than just tell us. I am sure that many of them would love to have that money to put down on their own car, verses providing you with an opportunity to own a piece of history!

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Don't count on the lens covers. I'm sure the picture was taken (or the graphic used) from a '96-'97 Coupe. The "donor" body will be from a 2002, with all the improvements that the '02 includes versus the '96-'97 (ABS, ACR, Etc)

OP
OP
F

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
like I said, the flyer makes no metion of any of these points.... thanks for taking the time to point them out...

so we don't actually have to buy a ticket?

Brooks

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fiske, All you need to know is that your $100 gives you the chance to get a ticket. There is a 1 in 2002 chance that your $100 ticket might get you a unique Viper that no one else has. Enough said. Why even whine about the number of tickets. By the way did you attend a Regional Rendezvous last year?

OP
OP
F

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for clearing that up Viperrick..... can you please go over it again?

I retract my greedy comment from before, it conveyed the wrong message....

You hold a national VCA position and are basically saying to just pay up and not to ask any questions? I think paying VCA members have the right to know whats going on...

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Tony....was that a lead-in for me?

Guys, read my comment on page 1. YOUR VCA NATIONAL OFFICERS AIM TO PLEASE! and we are always willing to answer your questions.

Heck! We can't even buy a ticket! (National VCA officers are legally excluded). There's always a plan, and it always involves your future involvement, and enjoyment!